Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you date someone who ISN'T a career woman? Watch

ReputationRep:
    i wouldn't want a career woman who's career is more important than having fun and letting her hair down occasionally but i wouldn't want someone who has no motivation to work and lives off of my bank balance alone so someone who is similar to me in most ways so they go on holidays and get pampered or go and buy something for themselves if they want

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fickschlitten)
    Personally no. I only want to marry a woman who is earning similar to me & has the same interests.
    You need to marry a woman on the same or a greater level than you if you dont want to get f***ed in the divorce.

No, I wouldn't

ReputationRep:
    I prefer not a career women

ReputationRep:
    Of course I would, in fact it would be better.

ReputationRep:
    Personally it doesn't matter to me what a girl does for a job or a career, that has no bearing on whether I'm attracted to her or not. If I'm attracted to her, that's all that matters to me in deciding whether I'd date/hook up with her.

ReputationRep:
    It depends on if they decide not to focus on their career and then complain about the wage gap.

(Original post by Death Grips)
    You need to marry a woman on the same or a greater level than you if you dont want to get f***ed in the divorce.
    Right.

It's your kind of attitude and pessimism that leads to unsuccessful relationships and divorce to be honest...

(Original post by ServantOfMorgoth)
    Please remember that this website is very juvenile so read the majority of answers with that in mind. I don't think you'd get very much reasonable answers here.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Stop being patronising. You're a nobody

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    It's your kind of attitude and pessimism that leads to unsuccessful relationships and divorce to be honest...
    lol sure buddy.

If you're a man I feel sorry for you, and if you're a woman good job on this whole misinformation shtick you got going :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mightybis0n)
    Yes. I think it's a pity more women don't value family life.
    We value it as much as men I think, there aren't many house husbands (actually there might be not checked)

ReputationRep:
    Personally I would not say having a job = career woman. A career woman is someone who puts career first, and above all and it is her main priority and pursuit and sense of fulfilment in life. A career woman never puts her career third, fifth etc.
    What if a woman had a career, no kids but still made time for hobby's and enjoyment. Is this a career woman? It's hard not to put career first as its the one thing required to survive and holds the most responsibility.

lol sure buddy.

If you're a man I feel sorry for you, and if you're a woman good job on this whole misinformation shtick you got going :lol:
    I'm a woman.

How is it misinformation? It's the opposite been taught to pursue corporate greed and other shallow pursuits above all at the expense of real connections with other people is the real brainwashing at hand.

(Original post by indigofox)
    What if a woman had a career, no kids but still made time for hobby's and enjoyment. Is this a career woman? It's hard not to put career first as its the one thing required to survive and holds the most responsibility.
    Personally, I want children and any parent should put their children first, not their career. But yes I would say a woman who puts off having kids, or doesn't have any because of her career is still a career woman. That is something you will have to ask the gentlemen though what they think of career women who have a varied life minus a family life.

Personally, I want children and any parent should put their children first, not their career. But yes I would say a woman who puts off having kids, or doesn't have any because of her career is still a career woman. That is something you will have to ask the gentlemen though what they think of career women who have a varied life minus a family life.
    I'd want children too if I was a bloke but I can't stand the thought of being pregnant for 9 months plus I have a phobia of being sick. I'd like to bring a child up though but obviously can't. The career would be essential to survive basically but I'd still make time for my sports/fitness routine and free time so it wouldn't be all I lived for.

ReputationRep:
    I would. I prefer the traditional family set up from the 40s-60s as apposed to what we have now. If she wanted to have a high flying career, before having children etc, it probably wouldn't work out long term on paper.

ReputationRep:
    Lack of ambition sucks. Depends on ya job honestly. McDonald's manager is not the one though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    Yeah, I just find career-women to be robots :/ I get wanting to work, but the woman would need interests and hobbies outside of work.
    Its funny how this term, "career women" is more applicable to women than men. Almost as if saying that "careers" and "men" are a natural combination, whereas "career" and "women" is somehow unnatural.
    Why is this kind of question not posed of men? Is he a career man? Would you marry a career man? Many men, and women, work but actually do not have a career. So it's a perfectly sensible question to ask of both MEN and women.

So here is my answer: yes, I most definitely marry a CAREER man. As I am a career woman myself, that is someone who has a family AND a career.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by elfreda69)
    Its funny how this term, "career women" is more applicable to women than men. Almost as if saying that "careers" and "men" are a natural combination, whereas "career" and "women" is somehow unnatural.
    Why is this kind of question not posed of men? Is he a career man? Would you marry a career man? Many men, and women, work but actually do not have a career. So it's a perfectly sensible question to ask of both MEN and women.

So here is my answer: yes, I most definitely marry a CAREER man. As I am a career woman myself, that is someone who has a family AND a career.
    Much respect!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 7, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.