Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

Quick introduction, my name is Hotse, I'm a 19-year-old young man from the Netherlands, and I am planning to study BA Archaeology and Anthropology in England. Please forgive me for any linguistic errors that I am going to make in the following phrases.

At the moment, I have received offers from four uni's - UCL, Uni of Southampton, Uni of Birmingham, and Uni of Bristol - but I'm having a hard time to decide which one to make my firm choice. There are various factors that I find meaningful to take into consideration, but course content, the university and its staff, the city, and finance are the most crucial ones.

To give you a better idea of what sort of University I am looking for, I shall combine my thoughts on the four factors mentioned above: the course has to cover all the subdisciplines of Anthropology (mostly that is Biological/Physical Anthropology and Social/Cultural Anthropology) and the Archaeology part has to include Prehistory or the Palaeolithic. At the moment, worth mentioning, I am enraptured by the topic of human origins/human evolution. Besides this, I find it extremely important that regional foci (and fieldwork projects) are not restricted merely to the Mediterranean area, North-West Europe or the Near East - but also cover other continents such as Africa, Asia or South America. When it comes to the city, I am searching for a cultural feeling, with enough museums (with archaeological collections), nightlife and historical architecture. The latter equally comprises the University's main building / Archaeology&Anthropology Department(s). Lastly, with regards to finance, I simply search for the University that offers me the best financial support package as a 19-year-old EU Student.

I am aware that it might be hard to give advice, but any thoughts are appreciated. Feel free to ask any questions to get some more clearance. Thank you.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 5, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.