Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello. So I have 10 exams this year, and my subjects are Physics, Chemistry, Bio and Maths. I have all my notes ready, but I haven't been able to study, virtually at all, due to a lot of personal problems this past year. I did well at AS-

Physics- 286/300
    Chem-283/300
    Bio-263/300
    Maths- 381/400

I've got a conditional offer, and I need three A's. Do you think it is possible for me to manage three A's? I don't know what I'm looking for by making this thread tbh. Thank you for reading.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMadHatteress)
    Do you think it is possible for me to manage three A's?
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    Hello. So I have 10 exams this year, and my subjects are Physics, Chemistry, Bio and Maths. I have all my notes ready, but I haven't been able to study, virtually at all, due to a lot of personal problems this past year. I did well at AS-

Physics- 286/300
    Chem-283/300
    Bio-263/300
    Maths- 381/400

I've got a conditional offer, and I need three A's. Do you think it is possible for me to manage three A's? I don't know what I'm looking for by making this thread tbh. Thank you for reading.
    Of course, you clearly did well last year so if you are able to adopt similar habits then there is no reason you can't do similarly well (or even better as you now have an extra year of experience). You just need to have the confidence in yourself that you can do it. Also bear in mind that due to your very good as results, in order to get AAA you would need 194/300 in physics (64.7%), 197/300 in chem (65.7%), 217/300 bio (72.3%), 99/200 maths (49.5%). In short, as long as you put the effort in then you should be fine.

Also i hope that what ever problems you had have now been resolved

ReputationRep:

Physics- 286/300
    Chem-283/300
    Bio-263/300
    Maths- 381/400

What did you use to revise for physics? I'm resitting AS while doing A2 and I really need to relearn units 1 and 2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    Yes.
    Short but effective. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samb1234)
    Of course, you clearly did well last year so if you are able to adopt similar habits then there is no reason you can't do similarly well (or even better as you now have an extra year of experience). You just need to have the confidence in yourself that you can do it. Also bear in mind that due to your very good as results, in order to get AAA you would need 194/300 in physics (64.7%), 197/300 in chem (65.7%), 217/300 bio (72.3%), 99/200 maths (49.5%). In short, as long as you put the effort in then you should be fine.

Also i hope that what ever problems you had have now been resolved
    Thank you very much for this. I suppose confidence is the main problem here. i'm just having a hard time accepting that life has unexpected problems sometimes. Thank you again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanHarvey)
    What did you use to revise for physics? I'm resitting AS while doing A2 and I really need to relearn units 1 and 2
    Hello I think it was the question papers that did it for me. Do as many as you can and match each with the mark schemes, and that's all you need. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much for this. I suppose confidence is the main problem here. i'm just having a hard time accepting that life has unexpected problems sometimes. Thank you again
    No problem, im glad I could help and I wish you all the best, both with your exams and whatever is going on which has been so disrupting

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.