The Student Room Group

Possible to pass first year Law in a month?

So I'm an undergrad currently studying Law. I've always wanted to be a solicitor, but at Uni I have not been keeping up with the work for personal reasons and so am behind in each module. Would it be possible to catch up for the exams in the month/2 months that I have and pass (get 40%)?

I can barely remember any of the cases for the modules (criminal, tort, constitutional and administrative, contract)
Reply 1
If you have mitigating circumstances you need to discuss them with your personal tutor.

Perfectly possible to revise it in a month, I wouldn't even start trying to make notes, just work directly from the lectures and go straight into revision notes.

Get "Nutshells" revision guide if absolutely necessary.
Reply 2
It is possible to pass in a month providing you have the right reading materials (pick out vital information) and revision notes to help you. It might be easier to have a timetable for revision perhaps? If you have set dates on when to revise during these couple of months you'll have a higher chance of passing =) most importantly remember not to worry as that may destabilise your focus. Also, you may have student learning assistants or graduate learning assistants at your uni who can help you with revision if its necessary. If you email them, I'm sure they'll support you all the way through.
I found 'Concentrate' series by OUP very useful, its not overwhelming but very informative in getting those extra marks for exams. Good luck, I wish you all the best!!

Quick Reply

Latest