Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have coursework due on Monday. I have no started and I estimate it will take around 10 hours ?? I am also a massive procrastinator. Its the same coursework that made me feel like this; http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3910393 and I've probably been giving over a month extension. Is it really stupid of me to go out tonight instead of working on it? Or is it okay cause I have the whole of tomorrow (which hopefully wont be me being hungover for most of the day).

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately the answer depends on whether you are confident you can finish it all tmr just a few points to remember

-you have already been given an extension of a month so you have to show you appreciated that and give your absolute best shot

-however if yo dont go out tonight, you may be soooo depressed about not going out that you wont study

-you should try to do as much as possible before you go out to get a good start on it for tmr, meaning please read this advice AND LOG OFF for your own good

-10hrs sounds daunting but split it into 10 '1 hour sessions' or 5 '2 hour ones' , the key is planning, youve already done step one which is know how long you need, you only have 2 more steps.

Step 2:allocate specific realistic times for each part
    Step 3: Just DO IT (what youve planned) shia will be proud of you

Lastly is it due Monday afternoon or midday? You may have some extra time available!

ReputationRep:
    wow, just wow

ReputationRep:
    if you've still not started it, you probably shouldn't assume you'll start tomorrow
    at least do some of it today and don't drink too much if you do go out

ReputationRep:
    plz plz plz plz plz get help. Too many hangovers = loss of control of drink

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    plz plz plz plz plz get help. Too many hangovers = loss of control of drink
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Definitely start it NOW. You don't have to do it now, you can just plan what you might do tomorrow, understand completely what the task is and know exactly what to write. You can go out many nights, but you don't always have a chance to do your coursework. Start now while you have the chance

ReputationRep:
    do a couple hours now and a couple hours tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    From a procrastinator: Try not to go out tonight; it won't hurt to miss out just once. Since you're a procrastinator and it will take an estimated 10 hours, even if you are not hung over and are awake for ten hours tomorrow, you might spend a lot of that time procrastinating and not getting the work done. Stay in, start on it today and finish the rest tomorrow. Besides, you might find that you need more than ten hours and if you go out and find that out tomorrow, you are totally screwed

ReputationRep:
    Doing a 10 hour piece of work in one day when you are tired and/or hungover is not advisable. Even if you don't do much today and don't capitalise on the time per se, having sleep and feeling fresh will help you attack it tomorrow. So either way, don't go out of you care about this piece of work.

ReputationRep:
    Wow -seriously? lol
    I think its best if you stay at home-you have only one chance at your coursework but there are other nights to enjoy. I think today you should atleast start the basics, planning and understanding.
    You need to push away distractions and think about the consequences if you don't finish it. Also if you go out you might get drunk and of course that wont help tomorrow.

Im doing coursework know and I know how you feel - my coursework all together is 60% of my grade- and I am soooo bored but its worth it in the end.

Why not set some reward for finishing it? As soon as you finish it just go do something fun or simply just have icecream -that works for me it might motivate you
    gdluck

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.