Is starting revision during easter break too late?

Watch
funkybinoculars
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I've been trying to revise now and spend most evenings and weekends just constantly revising but it seems like I'm getting nowhere.

Additionally, I'm starting to feel a little burnt out with all this revision and am contemplating just doing homework and going to study sessions for now (I will still continue to practice for maths though).

I am actually really behind on my work because I keep missing school but it's nothing I couldn't catch up to (fingers crossed).

Anyway, my plan is to revise extensively during the easter break so I learn all the content fully. Then go on to practice papers in the run up to exams which start 4 weeks after the holiday.

Is this enough? Personal experiences would be greatly appreciated.
Dancatpro
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Depends on tons of factors: how smart you are, what grades you want, what subjects you're doing, etc

I think you should start organising all your revision now (INCLUDING CATCHING UP ON WORK) and then start it in Easter.
z33
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
for GCSEs yeah
scrawlx101
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
start now a level is alot of content
funkybinoculars
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Dancatpro)
Depends on tons of factors: how smart you are, what grades you want, what subjects you're doing, etc

I think you should start organising all your revision now (INCLUDING CATCHING UP ON WORK) and then start it in Easter.
Sorry I forgot to mention, i'm studying Maths, Chemistry, Economics and Physics. What do you mean exactly by organising my revision?
Dancatpro
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by funkybinoculars)
Sorry I forgot to mention, i'm studying Maths, Chemistry, Economics and Physics. What do you mean exactly by organising my revision?
Ok you need to do TONS of past papers (I did Maths, Physics, Computing (and Chemistry at AS))

Organising revision = make sure you have caught up on every lesson and you have a timetable ready to start revision. Make sure books + folders are sorted and get a checklist for which past papers you have done
Abstract_Prism
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Easter is too late for reliably good grades, yes.
langlitz
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'll be starting serious revision in April most likely. Revising about 10 hours+ a day. I have exams on the 26th, 28th, 29th of april and 5th and 13th of may. Although I'm 3rd year uni so have infinitely more stuff to learn than you haha
Dilkaren Kaur
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yes it is late for a levels. Start revision now.
User1817857
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
For a-levels, yep. I only started this week and seriously regretting not strting earlier. But then it sounds like u have got a lot 2 catch up on as well...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (56)
13.93%
Virtual campus tours/open days (93)
23.13%
Live streaming events (38)
9.45%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (39)
9.7%
A uni comparison tool (90)
22.39%
An in-person event when available (86)
21.39%