Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Indian Premier League 2016 Thread Watch

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by quasa)
    pune supergiants : rahane, du plessis, pietersen, smith, Irfan pathan, mitchell marsh, rajat bhatia, dhoni, ishant sharma, ravi ashwin, ashok dinda;

Gujrat Lions: suresh raina, jaydev shah, aaron finch, ravi jadeja, dwayne bravo, james faulkner, brendon mccullum, praveen kumar, dhawal kulkarni, pravin tambe, amit mishra;

delhi daredevils: mayank agarwal, JP duminy, Chris Morris, Shreyas Iyer, Pawan Negi, Quinton de Kock, Sanju Samson, Amit mishra, Mohamad Shami, Imran Tahi, Zaheer Khan;

KKR: Gautam Ghambir, Robin Uthappa, Andre Russel, Yusuf Pathan, Shakib al Hassan, Sheldon Jackson, Umesh Yadav, Brad Hogg/ Sunil Narine, Morne Morkel, Jaydev Unadkat, Manish Pandey

KXIP: Murali Vijay, David Miller, Shaun marsh, Rishi Dhawan, Axar Patel, Glen Maxwell, Wriddhiman Saha, Mitchell Johnson, Sandeep Sharma, Mohit Sharma, Gurkeerat Singh;

Mumbai Indians: Rohit Sharma, Lendl Simmons, Ambati Rayudu, Kieron Pollard/Corey Anderson, Parthiv Patel, Jos Buttler, Bhaji, Bumrah, Malinga/Tim Southee, Vinay Kumar, Jagadeesha Suchith;

RCB: Kohli, AB, Sachin Baby (real name :|), Mitchell Star, Varun Aaron, Shane watson, Chris Gayle, Stuart Binny, Sarfaraz Khan, Mandeep singh, Iqbal Abdulla;

Sunrisers Hyderabad: David Warner, Shikar Dhawan, Kane Williamson, Ashish Reddy, Moises Henriques, Naman Ohja, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, ashish Nehra, Abhimanyu Mithun, Aditya Tare, Deepak Hooda
    Pune have such a good batting line-up, but their bowling may let them down.

Pune and Gujarat will surely make the final four. I think Gujarat have some quality in the middle order, and strong all-rounders, but it's whether they can display some consistency.

RCB have - by far and away - the most intimidating batting line-up. You just wonder whether they have what it takes to put egos aside and perform at the level we all know they can.

I can't see Delhi doing much, owing to their lack of obvious match-winners, and Kings are probably lacking some experience.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Woah. I said: has the potential.

And I stand by that. He has such a high ceiling. Playing in the IPL, and hopefully Big Bash eventually, will only further that development and his ability. He's such a good player, honestly. He's probably a more complete batsman than Gayle, though he doesn't (yet) have the capability to get bums off seats like ABDV's power hitting.

In five years time, I'm convinced we'll be looking at one of the world's best T20/ODI players.
    I dont personally see it happening, but we will soon find out

ReputationRep:
    Srh come on boys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    Srh come on boys
    u support srh ???
    Spoiler:
    Show
    CSK <3

ReputationRep:
    Guess I should try watching the IPL this year. Now who to support? :beard:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Duke Glacia)
    u support srh ???
    Spoiler:
    Show
    CSK <3
    Ye man lol SRH always!

Shame what happened to csk they were a good team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    Ye man lol SRH always!

Shame what happened to csk they were a good team
    India is full of corruption m8. Even the owner of SRH is one fecked up douche who gets to evade criminal convictions just cuz his uncle is a powerful politician . remember what happened to sreesanth ?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    You lot need to come over to the Cricket Thread. We need new blood.

ReputationRep:
    India is full of corruption m8. Even the owner of SRH is one fecked up douche who gets to evade criminal convictions just cuz his uncle is a powerful politician . remember what happened to sreesanth ?
    Sreesanth is an idiot..
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    Tell us something new lol. All sports have corruption (Asian countries in particular).
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    u support srh ???
    Spoiler:
    Show
    CSK <3
    Spoiler:
    Show
    CSK is no more glacia (nor is rajastan). at least for 2 seasons last I checked
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Mackay)
    You lot need to come over to the Cricket Thread. We need new blood.
    we are lol (or I am) slight prob is that there are way too many series to keep up with and with cross talk, it gets confusing, at least having specific threads for specific series tends to make things more clear (I think)
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by College_Dropout)
    Im sure he would play decently, but with only 4 overseas players in the playing team allowed, I dont see Mumbai Indian favouring Buttler over Simmons, Pollard, Anderson and Malinga.
    thing is, not only butler problem, but tim southee is also an issue as well (the dude is prob my fav kiwi bowler atm)
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by mkap)
    indiaaaaaa :love:
    which indian team you supporting mkap?

Spoiler:
    Show
    Im fortunate that because I am marathi, I have 2 teams to support!!!! (although technically mumbai could be considered my home team as my ancestors are from regions near mumbai)

ReputationRep:
    Even tho I am a Guju, I've supported deccan/sunrisers ever since I first watched IPL and the first person I ever saw was Shikhar Dhawan so I supported him as a player.

So I'm a Sunriser
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Ganja_Saurus)
    Even tho I am a Guju, I've supported deccan/sunrisers ever since I first watched IPL and the first person I ever saw was Shikhar Dhawan so I supported him as a player.

So I'm a Sunriser
    deccan chargers theme had the best ever sports theme imo (they could have at least kept the same track and replaced chargers with sunrisers). in fairness, hyderabad has a good team, so does gujrat

• Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Lord Samosa)
    Guess I should try watching the IPL this year. Now who to support? :beard:
    id say go for your ethnic state (my case I have 2 teams to root for). but i guess players are 1 you could go for. imo, RCB,punjab and Pune look strong, and dont count out KKR. sadly mumbai side look crap (considering I am a mumbai fan, that shows how bad I feel the side is)
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I have no allegiances to any side. I like Buttler, but I'm an English middle-class white boy with no ties to India and very little knowledge of the country, aside from its cricketing greats.

So, TSR. Tell me who I should support...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by quasa)
    id say go for your ethnic state (my case I have 2 teams to root for). but i guess players are 1 you could go for. imo, RCB,punjab and Pune look strong, and dont count out KKR. sadly mumbai side look crap (considering I am a mumbai fan, that shows how bad I feel the side is)
    As much I'm tempted to support RCB for Kohli, I think I'll stay loyal to my ethnicity and support Punjab :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I am not such a massive supporter of the IPL, but I will still keep an eye and watch a few games. I have always supported Mumbai Indians cause of Sachin Tendulkar, and even though he doesn't play anymore, my allegiance is still towards them.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.