Turn on thread page Beta

Indian Premier League 2016 Thread watch

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    If India go out tomorrow, all eyes will be on the IPL for the majority of the country.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Mackay)
    If India go out tomorrow, all eyes will be on the IPL for the majority of the country.
    lly for indian supporters, kohli saved indias backside
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by tazza ma razza)
    PUNJAB lads, I've got a feeling this is the time!
    I was surprised they didn't win last year tbh. This year would be harder imo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by quasa)
    I was surprised they didn't win last year tbh. This year would be harder imo
    their squad this year is meh - they needed to secure a senior batsman to be captain; bailey was the right guy so shame to let him go. Bowlers and all rounders are good: Johnson, Sandeep Sharma, Mohit Sharma, Kyle abbott, Behardien, Maxi

other teams tho bat or bowl reeaaaall deep lol

Murali Vijay, Glenn Maxwell,Mitchell Johnson,Kyle John Abbott,Farhaan Behardien,David Miller,Wriddhiman Saha,Mohit Sharma,Gurkeerat Mann Singh,Manan Vohra,Sandeep Sharma,Shaun Marsh,Akshar Patel,Rishi Dhawan,Marcus Stoinis,Swapnil Singh,Shardul Thakur,Anureet Singh,KC Cariappa,Nikhil Naik,Armaan Jaffer,Pardeep Sahu
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Lehmann is right. Australia need a better T20 programme if they are to challenge India.

They played only ONE T20 in 2015, before six games in quick succession to prepare for the 2016 tournament last month.

ReputationRep:

I love this sound :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eternalflames)

I love this sound :lol:
    with the "AAAAAAAYYYYY"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    with the "AAAAAAAYYYYY"
    AAAAAAAYYYYY?
    Lol do you mean crowd cheering?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eternalflames)
    AAAAAAAYYYYY?
    Lol do you mean crowd cheering?
    Yeah that's the sound they make :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    Yeah that's the sound they make :teehee:
    Hahaha, yeah. IPL is a lot more entertaining than normal cricket :lol:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    No surprise Simmons shone today. He was on his home ground in the IPL with the Mumbai Indians, after all.

Of course, he was lucky - four lives! - but he enjoyed himself in familiar surroundings after only getting the call-up 48 hours ago. Remarkable.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    No surprise Simmons shone today. He was on his home ground in the IPL with the Mumbai Indians, after all.

Of course, he was lucky - four lives! - but he enjoyed himself in familiar surroundings after only getting the call-up 48 hours ago. Remarkable.
    Whilst I am (predom) indian, glad windies had a good fight (2nd fav nation in cricket, SA 3rd, Afghanistan 4th).

What does worry me is that if windies wins again, there will be the return of (shudders) gangnam style (what is it with carribean crickets / indians and that friggin K-pop song :|)
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    To be honest, India just didn't score big enough - or quickly enough. I love Kohli (he's probably one of my two favourite players in the game right now) but his SR was slow yesterday. Likewise, Rahane's SR was pedestrian and nowhere near quick enough when the Windies got going. He'd have been better off giving his balls to Dhoni, who was hitting a SR of 160+.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, India just didn't score big enough - or quickly enough. I love Kohli (he's probably one of my two favourite players in the game right now) but his SR was slow yesterday. Likewise, Rahane's SR was pedestrian and nowhere near quick enough when the Windies got going. He'd have been better off giving his balls to Dhoni, who was hitting a SR of 160+.
    Kohli's SR was nearly 190 man, but he should have gone for more 6s than hitting the quick two's. Agreed with Rahane though. I love the guy, but he did take a bit too long to get going.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by moment of truth)
    Kohli's SR was nearly 190 man, but he should have gone for more 6s than hitting the quick two's. Agreed with Rahane though. I love the guy, but he did take a bit too long to get going.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh man. You're right. He seemed to score slow though, didn't he? He did to me, anyway. It was probably his emphasis on 2s. He only hit one six, compared to Simmons' five.

ReputationRep:
    "I understand that too many chefs can make things messy, but believe me when you have someone like MS Dhoni, there is no question who is in control."

Rising Pune Supergiants head coach Stephen Fleming
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Fleming's presence can only aid Zampa, who of course is coached by him in the BBL and shone in that tournament, taking 14 wickets.

ReputationRep:
    what time is the match tomorrow?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    So much talent on offer between Mumbai and Pune today. Hope Buttler impresses.

ReputationRep:
    So much talent on offer between Mumbai and Pune today. Hope Buttler impresses.
    Doubt he will be in the playing XI due to parthiv patel as the opener and the wk as apart from rohit sharma, there is no other effective opener.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.