Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by moment of truth)
    Kohli's SR was nearly 190 man, but he should have gone for more 6s than hitting the quick two's. Agreed with Rahane though. I love the guy, but he did take a bit too long to get going.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    having good strike rate is good and all but what is good about virat is that he consistently scores good scores. high strike rate of 300 means you can hit a six and get out next ball.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    1st of 2 marathi derbies . chakde mumbai or chakde pune (mumbai is technically part of same region my familia is from so mumbai i guess)
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by tazza ma razza)
    Doubt he will be in the playing XI due to parthiv patel as the opener and the wk as apart from rohit sharma, there is no other effective opener.
    rohit and lendl opening. buttler is batting and keeping. (8 of 5 so far) btw, did you SERIOUSLY forget how much simmons dominated opening last year?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Dang it! What's happening to MI?!
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by MsFahima)
    Dang it! What's happening to MI?!
    I know right. Last years squad was crap and I was hoping a lot of players would go. To my surprise they kept the same squad more or less. Suspected Mumbai would be bad...not this bad
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by quasa)
    I know right. Last years squad was crap and I was hoping a lot of players would go. To my surprise they kept the same squad more or less. Suspected Mumbai would be bad...not this bad
    But they won last year! :lol:

Oh well, let's see how this game ends
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by MsFahima)
    But they won last year! :lol:

Oh well, let's see how this game ends
    I'm surprised they won last year tbh. The round robin games looked bad (not 2014 bad but bad). Shame they couldn't retain the 2013 squad as that was good. But yh, lets see how the game goes (104 needed)
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by quasa)
    having good strike rate is good and all but what is good about virat is that he consistently scores good scores. high strike rate of 300 means you can hit a six and get out next ball.
    Really, SR is redundant in the T20 format. There should be a tailored version for 20 over matches, which bases SR on the percentage of runs one player scores for his team out of 120.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Really, SR is redundant in the T20 format. There should be a tailored version for 20 over matches, which bases SR on the percentage of runs one player scores for his team out of 120.
    agreed mackay. btw how did you rate butler's innings?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Team Dhoni for me as always! :ahee:

I've heard that RPS played really well today! Also backing RCB and KKR to do well
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Indeterminate)
    Team Dhoni for me as always! :ahee:

I've heard that RPS played really well today! Also backing RCB and KKR to do well
    imo RCB,RPS and gujrat have the strongest teams. KKR probably 4th, Punjab 5th, Delhi 6th, hyderabad 7th and mumbai 8th. how mumbai won it last year is a bit of a mystery to me but stuff happens (this is from a mumbai / marathi side fan).

btw, has malinga retired or is he just out injured. I know hes injured but the way sky sports & commentary were talking made it sound like hes retired from ipl.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by quasa)
    imo RCB,RPS and gujrat have the strongest teams. KKR probably 4th, Punjab 5th, Delhi 6th, hyderabad 7th and mumbai 8th. how mumbai won it last year is a bit of a mystery to me but stuff happens (this is from a mumbai / marathi side fan).

btw, has malinga retired or is he just out injured. I know hes injured but the way sky sports & commentary were talking made it sound like hes retired from ipl.
    You're probably right. MI have huge potential in terms of their batting, however :ahee:

He's just injured :yep:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/indian-p...ry/995683.html
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Indeterminate)
    You're probably right. MI have huge potential in terms of their batting, however :ahee:

He's just injured :yep:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/indian-p...ry/995683.html
    agree about the potential bt you have to admit they need to get rid of a lot of players come next tournament. shame they couldnt get the local lad rahane or a future prospect (from mumbai) who plays for RCB: sarfaraz. fielding isnt too bad tbh but the way they batted was just appauling (thank goodness bhaji softened the humiliation)

btw, I have been meaning to ask: f1, wec or ipl?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by quasa)
    agree about the potential bt you have to admit they need to get rid of a lot of players come next tournament. shame they couldnt get the local lad rahane or a future prospect (from mumbai) who plays for RCB: sarfaraz. fielding isnt too bad tbh but the way they batted was just appauling (thank goodness bhaji softened the humiliation)

btw, I have been meaning to ask: f1, wec or ipl?
    Agreed

Hmmm. Can't really choose between F1 and the IPL :hmmmm:

Okay, since it's Indian and everything, I'll go for the latter!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by quasa)
    agreed mackay. btw how did you rate butler's innings?
    Really disappointing, and especially because he has been in India for a month acclimatising to the pressure of the country, the cricket-obsessed nature of the locals and intensity of the press coverage etc.

What made me even angrier was that fluffed chance to run out du Plessis, to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    KKR are looking as a team that will come in the top 4 at the very least imo:

Just look at their team today they can all bat well with the exception of Hogg. Not to mention Morkel, Shakib and Narine are not playing today who all add something to KKR

Gambhir
    Utappa
    Pandey
    Munro
    Russell
    Pathan
    Hastings
    S. Yadav
    U.Yadav
    Chawla
    Hogg

What is your prediction for the top 4?

I think:

1) RCB
    2) RPS
    3) KKR
    4) SRH
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    What a boring game today.. Eden gardens pitch is shocking for T20
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    The pitch was clearly tailored for seamers, but I was still shocked to see that spin didn't enter the equation until the 11th over of Mumbai's innings.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    sigh 1st game for KXIP 1st loss
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Bravo won the Lions the match in that over, where he dismissed Maxwell and Miller in the space of a couple of balls. Two quintessentially T20 deliveries - both slower-ball yorkers - perfectly executed. What a month Bravo has had.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.