Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    firming leads for medical sciences . I wont apply for central village as it is too oversubscribed . Thinking of henry price , james baillie or leodis but just want the opinion on which is the liveliest

ReputationRep:
    I had lots of questions last year and some nice undergrads came and answered them last year so I thought I'd repay the favour

None of the above really!

Apply for Lupton man. Like you, I was after the most sociable and outgoing accommodation, I wanted to be surrounded by like-minded people and my experience of Lupton (currently writing this from lupton) has been everything I wanted and more.

Many complain of the unsociable nature of the other accommodations despite their nicer living conditions and communal areas. So many people have moved from other accommodations to Lupton after having prees here, and realising how much money can be saved and how much fun can be had living here.

I was one of the few who chose lupton, the vast majority don't, but nobody who didn't has looked back since! I can't recommend Lupton enough

ReputationRep:
    ^ as above.

My second born is currently in Lupton and having the most amazing time. Fabulous social life, loves living there, loves Headingley, nice safe secure student village, leafy and green, great flatmates, so much to do in Headingley without the need to go into town if you are on a budget, restaurants, cafes, sport, banks, pubs, takeaways, excellent bus service every few minutes and until 3AM, £1 on the bus to Uni, £2 to town and only just over a fiver from the city clubs back home in an Uber.

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't matter. No accommodation is "livelier" than the next - it depends entirely on whether you get on with your flatmates, which is the luck of the draw. Pick based on other factors - cost, en-suite, distance, etc, whatever matters to you. There are always a tonne of societies and a tonne of events to make friends and have a social life at uni if getting along with your flatmates doesn't work out. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Lupton is the absolute livliest, I lived in both Leodis (HORRIBLE, AND I MOVED WITHIN WEEKS!) and Lupton which was great, and cheap so I had money to actually go out and... live and stuff!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prune.)
    Lupton is the absolute livliest, I lived in both Leodis (HORRIBLE, AND I MOVED WITHIN WEEKS!) and Lupton which was great, and cheap so I had money to actually go out and... live and stuff!
    what is wrong with leodis i was going to apply there

ReputationRep:
    In all honesty a hall can be seen as the most lively hall but it honestly comes down to who is in your flat. When it comes to living in places like Headingley you will have to take the bus if you want to go to uni or into town which is really long and the traffic in Headingley can be awful especially in the morning and you will have to wake up at significantly earlier times as compared to other students who live closer to get in on time.

ReputationRep:
    Plus people I know who live in Lupton hate it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by freddie123457)
    Plus people I know who live in Lupton hate it
    i was going to go for leodis not sure why the person above hates it ?

ReputationRep:
    Me too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nothing wrong with Leodis , the best way to to improve your chance of being with lively people is going into an accomodation with the traditional hall layout I.e. Separate flats are easily accesible and all mingle . I was in montague Burton thought it was going to be boring as f but we had a block party in the first week with over 100 people , sick year . Leodis is really good too but that place really depends on your flatmates I went to some pretty good parties there . Central village is kinda like a hotel so not as sociable between flats

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.