The Student Room Group

French Oral help

I have my French final oral exam in about 10 days, and i just happen to be first on the list. My speaking skills are absolutely horrible, so if anyone can provide some tips on how to improve my speaking skills or maybe even have a short conversation in french over Skype, that would really help.
Original post by Plut0nuim
I have my French final oral exam in about 10 days, and i just happen to be first on the list. My speaking skills are absolutely horrible, so if anyone can provide some tips on how to improve my speaking skills or maybe even have a short conversation in french over Skype, that would really help.

i really though you working giving oral to a french person dam clickbait xD

depends what you mean by speaking? like stuttering or wrong tone perhaps?
Reply 2
Original post by thefatone
i really though you working giving oral to a french person dam clickbait xD

depends what you mean by speaking? like stuttering or wrong tone perhaps?

hahahahaha,im usually very hesitant and usually speak in english sometimes when i don't know how to answer in french
Tagged an expert, hope he can provide some insight! :smile:
Reply 4
Hey, I have a French oral this week. What I do is type my response up and then stick it in Google translate. There's a feature where you can hear whatever you have typed. Listen to this for words you find hard to pronounce, it's really helped me. Sometimes it can be a bit hit and miss if words are pronounced differently in different contexts but hopefully it is of some help! Here's the button: http://prntscr.com/abmxyy

Salut, OP !

I can give you some tips if you let me know what sort of things you struggle with and we can have a chat about this stuff in PM? Let me know!

Ethan :h:

Read it out to someone listen to a french speaker :smile:
Reply 7
You simply need to practice, practice and practice as much as you possibly can! Don't write it out again and again, and don't just learn it in your head, if you want to improve your pronountiation. Break up your paragraphs into chunks and learn each bit one at a time. Or you could use another method which helps me to learn for an oral: write down the first letter of each word on a flash card and see how much of your oral you know by saying it out loud using those first letters only. I also like to record myself and listen to it lots of times.
PS being first on the list is not a bad thing, I'm always last so I get really nervous as I wait for my turn, so I never really practice it while I'm waiting! If you practice every day until the day then you will be fine!

If you need help, am french :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending