Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm starting to like not washing/ showering. Watch

(Original post by Anonymous)
    It just feels like a chore.

Anyone get this?
    you need to re-embed it into your routine, even if you don't like it, it's a good thing to do to keep structure in your day, and to make you feel better just in general.

ReputationRep:
    Apparently psychiatrists actually look for this on the first session when they treat someone.

A person who does not prioritise personal hygiene is likely to be living such a high stress life where even something as basic as personal grooming is a luxury they can ill-afford in their life

ReputationRep:
    OP is lazy then!
    you gotta get up and do things!
    take the shower and move around otherwise you will be in the hospital... for heart problems or high bp etc...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherryred90s)
    Your fanny or balls are probably humming
    Not to mention his *****a

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nothing to be proud of. I feel disgusting if I don't shower daily

(Original post by Retired_Messiah)
    I often feel like I can't be bothered to get in the shower. Once I'm in I can't be bothered to get out.

I think I just don't like moving...
    How and why the hell does this have 18 reps?

(Original post by thefatone)
    don't you smell of **** then?
    (Original post by cherryred90s)
    Your fanny or balls are probably humming
    Meh.

ReputationRep:
    How and why the hell does this have 18 reps?
    You're quoting me as though I understand why people like the crap I come out with.

I do not.

ReputationRep:
    Love everyone going anon for owning up to being shower shy.

Bi weekly hair washer checking in.

In my worst periods of depression showering is the hardest thing for me to do. I can go ages without a shower. I have long hair so it gets matted too so the later I leave showering the harder it becomes brushing my hair out. But I don't tend to leave my room/house much when this happens. I hate depression.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMEGGGY)
    Not to mention his *****a

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ew yeah that too

ReputationRep:
    Some of the people on this thread are disgusting; I can only go 2 days max without a hair wash and I have a shower or bath at least once a day, sometimes twice a day (a shower in the morning and a bath at night)

(Original post by queen-bee)
    Nothing to be proud of. I feel disgusting if I don't shower daily
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    Some of the people on this thread are disgusting; I can only go 2 days max without a hair wash and I have a shower or bath at least once a day, sometimes twice a day (a shower in the morning and a bath at night)
    May every facebook notification you get be a game invite.

ReputationRep:
    May every facebook notification you get be a game invite.
    I don't use facebook

#Winning

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you need to spice up your bath/shower life 😭

ReputationRep:
    I don't shower on some days, been scientifically proven over and over that it's not good for the skin to shower every day. A quick sniff test under the arms if I'm contemplating not showering that day, thankfully I'm not a stinker so it's rare that I fail that test :lol: Though if I've broken a sweat I'll always shower that night either way.

(Original post by AthiaKarim)
    Maybe you need to spice up your bath/shower life 😭
    Wanna join me then?

(Original post by AngryRedhead)
    I don't use facebook

#Winning
    May the chocolate chips in your muffins/ cookies always turn out to be raisins.

ReputationRep:
    Wanna join me then?
    I'll pass but you can try using some lush bath bombs. They're so fun hehe

ReputationRep:
    It just feels like a chore.

Anyone get this?
    I can sort of understand where you are coming from some days I can't be bothered but make myself and once I am in the shower have the time of my life singing away to s club 7.

Same OP. I shower once a week. I wash my hair every three days or so so that it's not noticeable.

I'm convinced that no one knows.
    I have a roommate who only washes once a week and everybody knows about it, trust me.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 5, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.