Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have you ever met any university students who have helicopter parents? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Helicopter parents?

Suddenly puts black hawk down in a whole new light......

ReputationRep:
    iv lived away from my parents since i was 15 and im more then happy thankfully my parents dont harass me ever
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Bath_Student)
    jneill
    :popout:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by In2u)
    Lol I wish to fly a helicopter some day
    i want to own one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gutenberg)
    I had a friend who lived in halls on-campus at a city centre university. His mum used to walk through the uni every morning on her way to work (there's a train station at the back of th uni, and lots of people use it as a walk-through to get places), and she would come and knock on her son's door every morning to make sure he was up, make him a cup of tea, and then go on her way! :eek: I don't think she really got involved in other ways, but still...! This is 100% true btw, the mother told me herself!
    respect to his mum for doing that tbh she clearly loves him. if i lived in halls i would love for my mum to make me tea everyday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    Is it just me, or is only getting in contact with yours parents once every couple of weeks or more a bit weird? (unless you have a bad relationship with them ofc)
    Not really. My parents have their own lives. We all get busy.

(Original post by UnknownRoyalist)
    It's ok Jonny. They know I'm here for you, that's why
    That was smooth Jonny. :fan:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesthehustler)
    i want to own one
    Wow me too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by In2u)
    Wow me too
    what model i thing something like 300c would do

ReputationRep:
    I knew a boy called John, he lived with my best mate. I was round one friday ordered pizza and he had a girl over (His first gf) ... His dad popped round and went into his room and began showing them how to put a condom on
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I lie but this is the sort of stories TSR deserves

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesthehustler)
    what model i thing something like 300c would do
    as long as it can fly any of them would be perfect

(Original post by darkred)
    Not really. My parents have their own lives. We all get busy.

That was smooth Jonny. :fan:
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    I don't know of any either they are hiding it or everyone is independent.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I have a flatmate who's mum used to visit at least twice a week and cook for her daughter. She cooked for us all one night so I can't complain.

ReputationRep:
    My parents barely rang to check up on me, unless one of us called each other to have a normal conversation. Tbf, my little brother rang me everyday so they were always updated anyway :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doodle_333)
    I knew someone whose mum came round every weekend to clean her room/bathroom for her
    Isn't that what the cleaners were for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    Isn't that what the cleaners were for?
    Do most student halls have cleaners or something?

Ours didn't and none of my friend's halls did either. But I always see people on here saying they had cleaners.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by RobML)
    Is it just me, or is only getting in contact with yours parents once every couple of weeks or more a bit weird? (unless you have a bad relationship with them ofc)
    Why is it weird? Nothing (apart from all that crap when I was depressed which my friend told my parents about) happened that much at uni, which meant I really needed to contact them that often. Of course, if I did really need to talk to them more, I could do that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)

Ours didn't and none of my friend's halls did either. But I always see people on here saying they had cleaners.
    I had cleaners, laundry service and meals prepared every weekday. There were only a handful of non catered halls but you had to move out after first year.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by SophieSmall)

Most (all?) will have cleaners for the shared/public areas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    I had cleaners, laundry service and meals prepared every weekday. There were only a handful of non catered halls but you had to move out after first year.
    Argh, I would have hated catered halls so much.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.