Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    ... and I have barely started revision for mah A2 exams
    Yes I know I ****ed myself over you don't need to tell me :lol:

Point is - what now? Past papers everyday? Skip note making entirely? What are your A-level/ AS-level last minute revision success stories?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    ... will we have retakes for this set of exams? cos I think imma need dem

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)

Point is - what now? Past papers everyday? Skip note making entirely? What are your A-level/ AS-level last minute revision success stories?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Past papers, past papers, past papers. If you can't answer a question work backwards from the answer. Learning as you go isn't cheating, it's wise.

ReputationRep:
    Done all C3 past papers, doing half of all the S2 papers today, we havent even learned the whole topic but I learned it through mrbartonmaths and using past paper mark schemes to work out the steps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoda123)
    Done all C3 past papers, doing half of all the S2 papers today, we havent even learned the whole topic but I learned it through mrbartonmaths and using past paper mark schemes to work out the steps
    interesting... i don;t do maths xDD

luck good
    do it, you can

ReputationRep:
    you are freaking me out!!!:shock:
    2 months left to my AS exam
    i haven't started revision either and i am failing too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatima1998)
    </////////3333333333 start now! i've got cwk holding me back ;_;

ReputationRep:
    I am doing AS Maths, we have finished C1 and S1 but not finished C2 yet. Anyways as I am revising maths I normally do all the exercises in the book but finding that this sometimes is not worth it. For example I have done all questions from textbook except mixed exercise for Radians, and I have done all the exam questions for Radians. However I see that Radians exam questions are kinda easier then a lot of the textbooks exercises?

What do you personally do and advice? I know some people that skip straight to the Mixed exercises and do exam questions

ReputationRep:
    It isn't too late.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    And I know because I'm in the same ****ing boat
    It's up to your revision style. If you feel past papers consolidate your knowledge then do absolutely every and any one there is to do.

Please don't make notes if it involves transcribing the textbook. Make notes only if you're reading the content and comprehending it in a manner you definitely understand; the only thing that should bear similarity are key words.

Retakes are possible, you will still do them under the original A-Level style (unless I've really misunderstood what the government is saying)

ReputationRep:
    How is it possible to do past papers every day? There's only four available for each unit of my subjects, at least for AQA, because the spec changes so frequently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)

Spoiler:
    Show
    got majority Es and Us in every class test then i whapped out a B in the physics mock

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    </////////3333333333 start now! i've got cwk holding me back ;_;
    i am still working on my coursework plus we haven't even started the theory yet in some subjects...
    plus we haven't finished the theory for any subject...
    it's tooo much in a yr to cover...
    exam boards are heartless

ReputationRep:
    Biology I am yoloing in terms of revision, just revising for end of topic tests, as we go along.
    History trying to do as many exam essay questions as possible (and we havent even finished spec yet)
    Maths doing all exam questions for C2 as we learn the topics have about half of it left. Need to start revising S1 and C1
    Chemistry is actually going well, besides some areas that I need to brush up on.

anyways. Do you guys use revision timetables to revise? because I just revise what I have in 6th form the next day or what I feel that I am weak in. Also depending on the end of unit tests/mocks etc.

ReputationRep:
    i am still working on my coursework plus we haven't even started the theory yet in some subjects...
    plus we haven't finished the theory for any subject...
    it's tooo much in a yr to cover...
    exam boards are heartless
    </3 they are T_T
    so behind

ReputationRep:
    thanks for the reminder T_T

ReputationRep:
    Do most students in the UK start so early with revising for their exams? In my own country it is usually 3/4 weeks before the exams...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperHuman98)
    I am doing AS Maths, we have finished C1 and S1 but not finished C2 yet. Anyways as I am revising maths I normally do all the exercises in the book but finding that this sometimes is not worth it. For example I have done all questions from textbook except mixed exercise for Radians, and I have done all the exam questions for Radians. However I see that Radians exam questions are kinda easier then a lot of the textbooks exercises?

What do you personally do and advice? I know some people that skip straight to the Mixed exercises and do exam questions
    To be honest I only do the textbook questions in class but I work through it with my friend and we get a lot done in class and have a pretty good understanding by the end of the lesson. Outside of class I use ExamSolutions and MrBartonMaths. I agree, the exam questions are generally a bit easier. I would just do every single past paper from 2005 to 2015 that should be enough to get you an A, just keep practising over and over again, worked for me. Make sure you understand every step and always show your working

ReputationRep:
    Lol I did no work the whole year some how I'm predicted As I reckon I could easily get 100% UMS with a couple of weeks of no lifing

ReputationRep:
    To be honest I only do the textbook questions in class but I work through it with my friend and we get a lot done in class and have a pretty good understanding by the end of the lesson. Outside of class I use ExamSolutions and MrBartonMaths. I agree, the exam questions are generally a bit easier. I would just do every single past paper from 2005 to 2015 that should be enough to get you an A, just keep practising over and over again, worked for me. Make sure you understand every step and always show your working
    thanks mate

ReputationRep:
    This thread has just scared me. :cry2: (even more)

*inhales*

*exhales*

*screamsssssSSSssssssssssssssss*

iT'LL BE absolutely OKAhhY.

yes, it will be fine.

ReputationRep:
    Ah **** I'm pretty ****ed too

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.