Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I got caught shoplifting and was fined Watch

ReputationRep:
    Shush, let's just pretend and say that OP can ignore it, so then they would end up with a criminal record and a bigger sum to pay. People that say "everyone makes mistakes" are annoying as hell, have you heard of being a responsible and honest citizen? It is honestly isn't so difficult, you just don't commit crime, cannot be simpler than that!

ReputationRep:
    If you have received a fine and you can't pay the whole fine at once, you can provide a Statement of Means detailing your in comings and outgoings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crozza)
    to anyone outraged at this kid stealing from boots saying he's not been fined enough, boots are a slimy tax dodging corporation.
    I'm not condoning shop lifting at all. I have never stolen anything too afraid of authority. But I don't really think you should consider stealing from boots stealing when you think about how much they take from society and how little they put back in. Also the unethical **** primark does too with their sweat shops and stuff wouldn't worry about that either. These companies rob normal people blind everyday it's just they do it legally. Stop stealing though cos it'll get you into trouble.
    And you don't see anything morally wrong with theft? And you don't think that stealing from big corps one day can lead to stealing from small and medium sized businesses the next or to stealing larger and larger loads?

ReputationRep:
    Look at all the judgemental ****** on here acting like gods lol.

'omg you such a bad person you deserve death penalty mehhhhhhhhhh' :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greatguy266)
    Look at all the judgemental ****** on here acting like gods lol.

'omg you such a bad person you deserve death penalty mehhhhhhhhhh' :rolleyes:
    Ikr?

Considering how many companies out there who avoid paying millions by tax dodging OP has stolen pennies worth in comparison

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sparster)
    You are a prick. You deserve the punishment. Accept it and tell your parents. Do not ignore the letters or you will get into even more trouble. Through being selfish, you have cost businesses money in the hundreds and should pay the penalty. Never do it again. I hope you learn your lesson.
    at least she/he stole from multi-million pound companies. Who cares.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keyhofi)
    And you don't see anything morally wrong with theft? And you don't think that stealing from big corps one day can lead to stealing from small and medium sized businesses the next or to stealing larger and larger loads?
    not nearly as morally wrong as animal testing and running sweatshops. I'd love to go into either of these companies and take all their stuff if I knew I'd get away with it, just to give them a taste of their own medicine (notice the boots pun). I said I don't condone stealing especially from the little man. But its good to see people taking stuff back for the people. Vive la revolution haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    Ikr?

Considering how many companies out there who avoid paying millions by tax dodging OP has stolen pennies worth in comparison
    Exactly. You will never see the owners of these companies going to jail over that. lol what the op done is such a small thing by comparison.

ReputationRep:
    Now steal some money to pay the fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KyleH123)
    at least she/he stole from multi-million pound companies. Who cares.
    these companies provide thousands of jobs to people who would otherwise be unemployed.
    these companies pay millions of pounds in taxes which keep the country running.
    it is a little ungrateful to steal their products.

ReputationRep:
    Wow just wow

ReputationRep:
    Exactly. You will never see the owners of these companies going to jail over that. lol what the op done is such a small thing by comparison.
    true dat.... init babes xox

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crozza)
    not nearly as morally wrong as animal testing and running sweatshops. I'd love to go into either of these companies and take all their stuff if I knew I'd get away with it, just to give them a taste of their own medicine (notice the boots pun). I said I don't condone stealing especially from the little man. But its good to see people taking stuff back for the people. Vive la revolution haha
    These companies just raise the price for everyone else to make up for lost profits. You know that right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jenx301)
    true dat.... init babes xox
    Go away. Go drink with you chavy friends and rekt some park like you do every saturday night.

ReputationRep:
    Go away. Go drink with you chavy friends and rekt some park like you do every saturday night.
    No, i'm staying in 2nyt for u babe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jenx301)
    No, i'm staying in 2nyt for u babe
    iEthan You better deal with this harassing peasant immediately.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    iEthan You better deal with this harassing peasant immediately.
    Bore off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iEthan)
    Bore off.
    Excuse me?

I have made a complaint. It is your duty as a mod to take that complaint seriously.

ReputationRep:
    I guess I am kind of an optimist...

I think you should be grateful that you were caught now instead of when you're a full adult. A £300 fine is nothing if you would have been caught 5 years later.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Excuse me?

I have made a complaint. It is your duty as a mod to take that complaint seriously.

(Original post by iEthan)
    Bore off.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.