Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I got caught shoplifting and was fined Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iEthan)
    bore off
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iEthan)
    I will give this website a bad review I swear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shahnill)
    Hey, yesterday I was caught shop lifting (i know it was such a stupid thing to do) i have been doing it for a while now but for some reason when i went to shop lift yesterday i had a bad feeling. I went into boots first and stole at least £60 worth of makeup. I came out and everything was fine no one suspected my nothing (btw i had a shopping bag and put everything in there). Then i had went into primark and took alot of things worth £25. As i was coming out there was security outside waiting for me and he had said 'can you come with me' at the moment i just froze. And he was leadig me the way to the detention room and as he was doing the another securty guard was speaking so loudly and everyone was looking. It was so embarrasing. In the room they had told me to empty out my bag. They had found items from boots aswell and i admitted to taking them. The police came and said i wont be arrested but i will be banned and fined. They took a photo copy of my college student id and i have wrote my real address as i panicked thinkin i will be taken to jail anyways and they guys who caught me said i will be taken to the station. . He took me to boots for me to say sorry and then he let me go. While i was there i was told i will be facing a fine worth £300 or more. I am only 16 i dont have that sort of money. I have also read to ignore the letters and nothing will happenq. However the guy also mentioned if i ignore the fine letter bailiffs will be coming to my house and then an action will be taken for me to go court is this true?. Im really scared. Can someone please tell me what to do i know i did wrong and i have learnt my lesson and i will certainly not do shop lifting ever again. And i do not plan on telling my parents as they have alot of problems themselve in paying the bills. Btw i didn not get a crimal record or anything like that.
    What motivates you to shoplift? Like honestly? Yes, you're 16. The fine is hefty. You HAVE to tell your parents. How else will you be able to pay the money back? Why not look for a part-time job? With the money you get from working, you can spend it on all of the makeup you like!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    these companies provide thousands of jobs to people who would otherwise be unemployed.
    these companies pay millions of pounds in taxes which keep the country running.
    it is a little ungrateful to steal their products.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...x-8880052.html

ReputationRep:
    A £300 fine for shoplifting? It's a windup.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LelouchViRuge)
    So, I'm guessing you haven't told your parents and you don't intend to?

Two Options:

Find a way to make money fast

or

Tell your parents
    inb4 steals something to make £300 .... and ends up with a larger fine and jail time.

calling it right now

ReputationRep:
    "Last year, Alliance Boots’ sales hit £22.4bn with underlying profits reaching £805m. However, the company paid just £114m in tax, including £64m in the UK, up £31m on the previous year. In the UK, under the Boots brand where it has 2,000 stores, sales were £6.55bn."

so although only 1/4 of the sales were here they paid us over 50% of their tax. i think this is cause for celebration.
    thanks Boots !!!

:rave:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.