Turn on thread page Beta

Will you be faithful during your marriage? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Withengar)
    Once I find "the one" I will love her until I die.
    Aw, that's so sweet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jared44)
    1) Implying that a religious service = being married in other means, i.e. registry office/
    Not sure qiote what this means, sorry. The stock of marriage, and the shame/guilt associated with homewrecking/breaking sacred vows, have been significantly eroded with the decline of the church and a shift away from matrimony taking the form of the marriage of a man and a woman made, in the presence of Christ, under God, in the (tight-knit/interwoven) community. This is irrefutable

2) Feminism = being unfaithful, how exactly?
    Feminism spawned women's lib, which spawned greater promiscuity, and included in the modern conception of the freedoms women enjoy are those that serve as to incentivise, and/or remove disincentives relating to, adultery. This is also irrefutable

3) Is this supposed to be a justification?
    Nope, the question was not how is this justifiable

(Original post by queen-bee)
    I would think that being faithful is part of any relationship
    One would assume so but some people are people of low morals/integrity/shame (as per the above sociological contextual picture)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cato the Elder)
    I prefer boys to girls but I want a wife to have children with...my lineage must continue. I do wish she'd let me bang boys at the same time though
    So you don't want to be a faithful person to your partner?

No. Cheat before you get cheated on.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. I've been with my partner for 7 years already and have never had the urge to cheat because he's everything I want in a partner and I don't ever see that changing even once we are married, especially after all this time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    Yes. I've been with my partner for 7 years already and have never had the urge to cheat because he's everything I want in a partner and I don't ever see that changing even once we are married, especially after all this time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Awww that's lovely:yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Our whole society is selfish, I might aswell be selfish too.
    So if the whole world becomes murderers, you'll become one yourself? Pathetic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    You want your kids to be raised up by a single parent?
    Which is probably what will end up happening anyway if you repeatedly cheat.

(Original post by Blondie987)
    Aw, that's so sweet
    And probably also unrealistic. To look for 'the one' is to set yourself up for disappointment, I think. :moon:

ReputationRep:
    Easiest thing is to not have a marriage.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not the previous guy but perhaps in his case an open relationship could work. It would be fair if it was agreed upon by both parties.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe...maybe not. I'd rather she is faithful to me than the other way round.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe...maybe not. I'd rather she is faithful to me than the other way round.
    Why? If you're sleeping with other men or women you can't take the moral high ground and expect her to remain faithful. I don't understand how that relationship will work out

ReputationRep:
    Why? If you're sleeping with other men or women you can't take the moral high ground and expect her to remain faithful. I don't understand how that relationship will work out
    Morality is for the common herd...I choose my own values...

ReputationRep:
    Morality is for the common herd...I choose my own values...
    :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Bait detected. Too many fish appear to have taken the bait.

RIP

ReputationRep:
    If I intended to be unfaithful then I would not bother being in a relationship and therefore would not be risking being unfaithful to anyone. If I wanted to be with other people I would never have agreed to marriage

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 6, 2016
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.