Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanL_)
    Is this a thing? You can reapply while at uni?
    Technically you can. Just cancelled my student finance.

ReputationRep:
    Warwick (and I say that despite ranking Imperial over Warwick for my course, which is 50% Maths).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DinduMuffin)
    imperial full of Warwick rejects, and Warwick full of Cambridge rejects, I assume you attend Warwick?
    Ah fair enough. Though I am still confused as to Imperial being full of Warwick rejects, as I don't see why that would happen. I guess if they got through MAT but not STEP..
    Yes, and I am a Cambridge reject lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    ah fair enough. Though i am still confused as to imperial being full of warwick rejects, as i don't see why that would happen. I guess if they got through mat but not step..
    Yes, and i am a cambridge reject lol
    mat > step

ReputationRep:
    mat > step
    Have you even tried MAT?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morgan8002)
    Have you even tried MAT?
    Have you?

ReputationRep:
    Technically you can. Just cancelled my student finance.
    Went to Warwick undergrad and then Cambridge postgrad. Left after 12 weeks to go back to Warwick. Preferred the less restrictive environment of Warwick and not feeling like I'm living on the set of Harry Potter. So each to their own.

ReputationRep:
    Have you even tried MAT?
    :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Have you?
    Did a few past papers, before I even started STEP. It seemed fairly easy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CharlieGEM)
    Went to Warwick undergrad and then Cambridge postgrad. Left after 12 weeks to go back to Warwick. Preferred the less restrictive environment of Warwick and not feeling like I'm living on the set of Harry Potter. So each to their own.
    Fair enough. Though I'd wager Warwick probably has as many if not more tossers as Cambridge minus the academic rigour.

ReputationRep:
    mat > step
    U wot m8? I got full marks on a MAT paper in 3 minutes before my Cambridge interview (not even for maths) and I still can't do STEP even after practising for 5 years (I may have exaggerated slightly there).
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    #GetsMorePopcorn
    #SettlesBackIntoSofa
    #ThisIsAsGoodAsIExpected

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweeneyrod)
    U wot m8? I got full marks on a MAT paper in 3 minutes before my Cambridge interview (not even for maths) and I still can't do STEP even after practising for 5 years (I may have exaggerated slightly there).
    STEP is a joke. Just pick the Stats questions they're piss easy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)

To add insult to injury, the love of my life (a girl which came from Oxford) went out with one of them ...
    I'm sorry to hear this. My condolences to your heart

ReputationRep:
    Did a few past papers, before I even started STEP. It seemed fairly easy.
    STEP is less restrictive, and difficulty doesn't really increase, hence easier exam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    What..first you were saying Imperial is full of Warwick rejects and now you are talking about Warwick being full of rejects, if I understand correctly..
    Any chance of an insight into what maths at warwick is like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    #GetsMorePopcorn
    #SettlesBackIntoSofa
    #ThisIsAsGoodAsIExpected
    Your welcome

ReputationRep:
    STEP is less restrictive, and difficulty doesn't really increase, hence easier exam.
    Being able to choose which questions to do doesn't immediately take the exam down to A-level standard. Sure it makes it a little easier, but not to that degree.

I'm not sure what you mean by "difficulty doesn't really increase".

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough. Though I'd wager Warwick probably has as many if not more tossers as Cambridge minus the academic rigour.
    Don't know about that: my PhD supervisor recently won a Fields Medal. How many Cambridge academics got one in the last ten years?

To be honest socially I would find little to recommend one over the other except Warwick probably has a greater share of down to earth students. As for the relative proportion of tossers: I wasn't counting.

ReputationRep:
    Being able to choose which questions to do doesn't immediately take the exam down to A-level standard. Sure it makes it a little easier, but not to that degree.

I'm not sure what you mean by "difficulty doesn't really increase".
    Around the same level of difficulty as MAT, but less restrictive.

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.