Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Canmkt be bothered about my university academics Watch

ReputationRep:
    This is bad and peculiar of me, iam a first year IT student at a low ranked (12) university, the environment is cool and everything I enjoy going there each and every single day, the girls and guys are all cool and when im there I dont want to go back home. But on the academic side im a different from A-levels, during A-levels I would be excited to go back home and solve math problems and as for economics I could do it all day, now I dont open and thing related shool until its close to exam week and I have an assignment that I have to do , its like im dragging myself

****! ****! ****! I hate this at times I just wish to sleep and wake up in 4 years

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    https://www.funadvice.com/q/why_dos_...mell_like_fish

ReputationRep:
    Very helpful, thanks for that. :afraid::argh::erm:

(Original post by AsandaLFC)
    This is bad and peculiar of me, iam a first year IT student at a low ranked (12) university, the environment is cool and everything I enjoy going there each and every single day, the girls and guys are all cool and when im there I dont want to go back home. But on the academic side im a different from A-levels, during A-levels I would be excited to go back home and solve math problems and as for economics I could do it all day, now I dont open and thing related shool until its close to exam week and I have an assignment that I have to do , its like im dragging myself

****! ****! ****! I hate this at times I just wish to sleep and wake up in 4 years

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's not peculiar at all, don't worry! We all feel the blues of university work looming on us at some point.
    12th place isn't low-ranked, surely?!
    Is there anything bothering you which is perhaps stopping you from doing work? What makes university life different to A-levels for you, do you think?
    And lastly, have you tried speaking to your academic advisors/tutors?
    You may think it's not worth it, but speaking as someone who is battling depression right now and missed more classes than they're allowed to, speaking to an advisor after 5 months of silence and slacking really helped!
    After all, they are there to advise you and try and figure out what's wrong. If speaking to an academic person sounds daunting, perhaps take a look at what kind of student welfare services your university offers.

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Then you'd wake up with no grades so.....
    until its close to exam week and I have an assignment that I have to do , its like im dragging myselfPosted from TSR Mobile

Is procrastination a problem> If so...

Ok its quite hard, theres tons of steps involved are you sure you're ready?

OK

Step 1=Log off tsr and switch off all distractions/electronics etc, tidy your desk and make an achievable list of what you want to do in a nice 30mins blocks

Step 2=Oh look at that

For REAL THO

1) Cut off distractions, not knowin the latest vid realesed on Ytube WONT KILL YOU, not seeing the latest profile pic on fb WONT SUFFOCATE YOU and missing the latest Twitter trends WONT DECREASE YOUR LIFE EXPECTANCY BY 5 years!

2) MANAGEABLE chunks, go for 30 min sessions maybe and break for 5-10

3) ORGANISED notes with clear checklists so you know EXACTLY what I need to cover

4) PLAN the rest of your days, a timetable does wonders if its REALISTIC

5) Make sure you dont OVERDO it, you still need breaks, we're all only human and BURNING out is dangerous

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 5, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.