Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I've started applying for more jobs, but can't get any, I've tried online at big retailers such as Tesco, Lidl, etc, and handed my CV in stores like Homebase, but I still can't find a job. I think what kills my CV is my lack of experience, it's my first job that I'm looking for, I'm 17, and I'd like to start working Part Time, I'm avaliable for most of the week to, but there isn't a high amount of jobs where I live (London). Anyone got any ideas on what I should do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dna123)
    Hi,

I've started applying for more jobs, but can't get any, I've tried online at big retailers such as Tesco, Lidl, etc, and handed my CV in stores like Homebase, but I still can't find a job. I think what kills my CV is my lack of experience, it's my first job that I'm looking for, I'm 17, and I'd like to start working Part Time, I'm avaliable for most of the week to, but there isn't a high amount of jobs where I live (London). Anyone got any ideas on what I should do?
    Try call centre work.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

I know how you feel. It's hard applying for jobs especially when it's your first one. My advice would be to start looking for part time temp work. It may not be permanent but it's a way of building up your CV and getting some money in on a short term basis. Also, put your CV on a recruitment website like the CV library or Monster. Some of these websites also offer a free CV review and they can give you tips on how to improve your CV and make it stand out. And finally, don't lose hope! It some times takes a few weeks for a company to reply to you. Easter is coming up and companies will be hiring extra staff for that occasion.

Good luck!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.