Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So here is my problem.. I am sure that I want to follow an animation career in the future but there is one thing that I worry about..
    Should I go straight for Illustration/Animation BA and do an MA in Computer animation or sth ?
    Or
    Do an Architecure BA and an MA in computer animation?

Since the beginning I kept saying that studying illustration first and then go for animation would be ideal for me but after a discussion I had with my uncle, he kept talking about the future career and the limited opportunities I will have etc.. so I thought that if I study architecture first and then animation I will have more choices, as I will be both an architect and animator..

what do you guys think? Will I have enough opportunities and a good job career if I go straight for animation?

Thanks
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by deniakp)
    So here is my problem.. I am sure that I want to follow an animation career in the future but there is one thing that I worry about..
    Should I go straight for Illustration/Animation BA and do an MA in Computer animation or sth ?
    Or
    Do an Architecure BA and an MA in computer animation?

Since the beginning I kept saying that studying illustration first and then go for animation would be ideal for me but after a discussion I had with my uncle, he kept talking about the future career and the limited opportunities I will have etc.. so I thought that if I study architecture first and then animation I will have more choices, as I will be both an architect and animator..

what do you guys think? Will I have enough opportunities and a good job career if I go straight for animation?

Thanks
    Hey there,

Well Ravensbourne offer both courses and Both courses are really promising! If you'd like you can visit us during open day to meet current students and tutors so you can ask them about your course. It would be really good to see it for yourself and you can decide which field you want to pursue

Check us out!
    BA Architecture
    BA Animation

Good luck,
    Ahlia

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ravensbourne)
    Hey there,

Well Ravensbourne offer both courses and Both courses are really promising! If you'd like you can visit us during open day to meet current students and tutors so you can ask them about your course. It would be really good to see it for yourself and you can decide which field you want to pursue

Check us out!
    BA Architecture
    BA Animation

Good luck,
    Ahlia
    Alright I'll check it out! Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I'm the same as you and have always wanted to go into animation, I'm doing an undergrad degree in Digital Media though and then a postgrad 1 year course in animation I think it's putting all your eggs in one basket if you do 4 years animation, you might not even enjoy it! whereas in your case if you did architecture then animation, you could be really innovative and design 3D computer models of houses etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Faye__1996)
    Hey! I'm the same as you and have always wanted to go into animation, I'm doing an undergrad degree in Digital Media though and then a postgrad 1 year course in animation I think it's putting all your eggs in one basket if you do 4 years animation, you might not even enjoy it! whereas in your case if you did architecture then animation, you could be really innovative and design 3D computer models of houses etc
    Hi! Thanks for your answer Yes you might be right about the 4 years animation.. but I was also thinking doing Illustration for undergraduate degree which might be more creative as you draw more etc and after that 1 year postgraduate in animation.. I'm really confused right now :argh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deniakp)
    Hi! Thanks for your answer Yes you might be right about the 4 years animation.. but I was also thinking doing Illustration for undergraduate degree which might be more creative as you draw more etc and after that 1 year postgraduate in animation.. I'm really confused right now :argh:
    I guess it's up to whether you feel confident that you will definitely enjoy illustration and can make a career out of art! I decided to do a general degree and then do the postgraduate degree to specify in the niche area I'm interested in :P architecture is a very hard degree from what I've heard, people only seem to only enjoy it if they have a true passion for the subject!!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 8, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.