Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Dark triad personality test Watch

ReputationRep:
    The dark triad consists of three personality disorders:
    > Narcissism - characterized by grandiosity, pride, egotism, and a lack of empathy
    > Psychopathy - characterized by enduring antisocial behavior, impulsivity, selfishness, callousness, and remorselessness
    > Machiavellianism - characterized by manipulation and exploitation of others, a cynical disregard for morality, and a focus on self-interest and deception

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_triad

How 'dark triad' are you?

http://personality-testing.info/tests/SD3/

my results:
    Name:  results.png
Views: 511
Size:  19.0 KB

ReputationRep:
    My hypotheses is that I will rate highly on the narcissism scale. I'll be back.

Name:  dark triads.PNG
Views: 493
Size:  18.0 KB

I think that's quite balanced. Proud of myself.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  sdf.png
Views: 468
Size:  18.0 KB

ReputationRep:
    I've taken it and thinking about it, I really doubt some of the answers I put down. I feel as though I simply can't decide on a good answer for most of the questions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HedgehogsRulz)
    I've taken it and thinking about it, I really doubt some of the answers I put down. I feel as though I simply can't decide on a good answer for most of the questions?
    Think about the things you've personally done...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BWV1007)
    Think about the things you've personally done...
    I did, but then a 30 seconds later I could think of examples to the contrary so whatever I put down seemed irrelevant. I think I just have different bad traits for different days of the week.
    "Dear diary,
    today was monday, so I was 60 percent more Machiavellian,.."

ReputationRep:
    Name:  dark traits.png
Views: 446
Size:  18.4 KB

n=1.7
    p=0.9
    m=0.7

Seems like Im ok right?

Narcissism - (1) - 3rd percentile.
    Psychopathy - (0.7) - 1st percentile.
    Machiavellianism - (0.6) - 1st percentile.

No idea what this means, so I'm just gonna hope this is an okay result. It'd be a shame to find out I'm evil after all this time. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by acupofgreentea)
    Narcissism - 3.
    Psychopathy - 1.
    Machiavellianism - 1.

No idea what this means. :lol:
    Heyyy, we have similar Psychopathy (I had 0.9) and Machiavellianism ( I had 0.7), I think it means if we ever want to become psychopaths/Machiavellianists, we know who to group with I guess?

But we cant be narcissists together xD

ReputationRep:
    Narcissism: 0.9
    Machiavellianism: 1.9
    Psychopathy: 1.1

Yours spvbhai?

ReputationRep:
    The test is complete. Be prudent about sharing your results, the dark triad traits are loaded subjects.Here is table of your results (scores are between 0 and 4). The percentile is what percent of other people who have taken this test you score higher than.
    Narcissism0.4 Narcissism is an egotistical preoccupation with self. [more] 0% percentile
    Machiavellianism3.1 Machiavellianism is a tendency to be manipulative and deceitful.[more] 68% percentile
    Psychopathy0.3 Psychopathy reflects shallow emotional responses. [more] 0% percentile

can someone tell me what this means? i don't understand the percentile stuff and numbers

ReputationRep:

I am not even too bad. I don't believe it.

(Original post by ForestShadow)
    Heyyy, we have similar Psychopathy (I had 0.9) and Machiavellianism ( I had 0.7), I think it means if we ever want to become psychopaths/Machiavellianists, we know who to group with I guess?

But we cant be narcissists together
    xD
    Dreams = ruined. :bawiling: At least we've got two out of three, though. :awesome:

What do these results even mean, though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefatone)
    The test is complete. Be prudent about sharing your results, the dark triad traits are loaded subjects.Here is table of your results (scores are between 0 and 4). The percentile is what percent of other people who have taken this test you score higher than.
    Narcissism0.4 Narcissism is an egotistical preoccupation with self. [more] 0% percentile
    Machiavellianism3.1 Machiavellianism is a tendency to be manipulative and deceitful.[more] 68% percentile
    Psychopathy0.3 Psychopathy reflects shallow emotional responses. [more] 0% percentile

can someone tell me what this means? i don't understand the percentile stuff and numbers
    Of the people who have taken the test 68% of them are less Machiavellian than you. And you seem to be the lowest of those who took the test in terms of narcissism and psychopathy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mscaffrey)
    Of the people who have taken the test 68% of them are less Machiavellian than you. And you seem to be the lowest of those who took the test in terms of narcissism and psychopathy.
    oh ok

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by acupofgreentea)
    Narcissism - (1) - 3rd percentile.
    Psychopathy - (0.7) - 1st percentile.
    Machiavellianism - (0.6) - 1st percentile.

No idea what this means, so I'm just gonna hope this is an okay result. It'd be a shame to find out I'm evil after all this time. :lol:
    (Original post by thefatone)

can someone tell me what this means?
    For those who want to know what this means

Wikipedia says

The dark triad is a group of three personality traits: narcissism, Machiavellianism and psychopathy.

Use of the term "dark" implies that people scoring high on these traits have malevolent or evil qualities

This means the lower out of 4 the better I guess

Narcissism is characterized by grandiosity, pride, egotism, and a lack of empathy.

Machiavellianism is characterized by manipulation and exploitation of others, a cynical disregard for morality, and a focus on self-interest and deception.

Psychopathy is characterized by enduring antisocial behavior, impulsivity, selfishness, callousness, and remorselessness

ReputationRep:

Tests like this aren't really specific enough to really determine whether you are any of these traits, especially seeing as we don't really know what the numbers mean

ReputationRep:
    Narcissism 1.9 (17)
    Machiavellianism 1.8 (15)
    Psychopathy 0.2 (0)

Does anyone know what this means?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DedicatedWizard)
    Narcissism 1.9 (17)
    Machiavellianism 1.8 (15)
    Psychopathy 0.2 (0)

Does anyone know what this means?
    it means you scored higher than 17 and 15 percent of the test takers in narcissistic and machiavellian personality traits respectively. normal distribution tells us anything below the 50th percentile is below average so you have fewer traits of a personality disorder than most people who take the test.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h8skoooooool)

Tests like this aren't really specific enough to really determine whether you are any of these traits, especially seeing as we don't really know what the numbers mean
    these tests ought not to be treated as a professional diagnosis. however, i'd conjecture it's very likely someone whom scores in the upper quartile has a personality disorder.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.