Dark triad personality test Watch

username2130115
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
The dark triad consists of three personality disorders:
> Narcissism - characterized by grandiosity, pride, egotism, and a lack of empathy
> Psychopathy - characterized by enduring antisocial behavior, impulsivity, selfishness, callousness, and remorselessness
> Machiavellianism - characterized by manipulation and exploitation of others, a cynical disregard for morality, and a focus on self-interest and deception

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_triad

How 'dark triad' are you?

http://personality-testing.info/tests/SD3/

my results:
Name:  results.png
Views: 1231
Size:  19.0 KB
User1333171
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
My hypotheses is that I will rate highly on the narcissism scale. I'll be back.

Name:  dark triads.PNG
Views: 771
Size:  18.0 KB

I think that's quite balanced. Proud of myself.
BWV1007
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Name:  sdf.png
Views: 777
Size:  18.0 KB
HedgehogsRulz
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I've taken it and thinking about it, I really doubt some of the answers I put down. I feel as though I simply can't decide on a good answer for most of the questions?
BWV1007
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by HedgehogsRulz)
I've taken it and thinking about it, I really doubt some of the answers I put down. I feel as though I simply can't decide on a good answer for most of the questions?
Think about the things you've personally done...
HedgehogsRulz
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by BWV1007)
Think about the things you've personally done...
I did, but then a 30 seconds later I could think of examples to the contrary so whatever I put down seemed irrelevant. I think I just have different bad traits for different days of the week.
"Dear diary,
today was monday, so I was 60 percent more Machiavellian,.."
ForestShadow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Name:  dark traits.png
Views: 924
Size:  18.4 KB

n=1.7
p=0.9
m=0.7

Seems like Im ok right?
acupofgreentea
Badges: 13
Report 3 years ago
Narcissism - (1) - 3rd percentile.
Psychopathy - (0.7) - 1st percentile.
Machiavellianism - (0.6) - 1st percentile.

No idea what this means, so I'm just gonna hope this is an okay result. It'd be a shame to find out I'm evil after all this time. :lol:
ForestShadow
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by acupofgreentea)
Narcissism - 3.
Psychopathy - 1.
Machiavellianism - 1.

No idea what this means. :lol:
Heyyy, we have similar Psychopathy (I had 0.9) and Machiavellianism ( I had 0.7), I think it means if we ever want to become psychopaths/Machiavellianists, we know who to group with I guess?

But we cant be narcissists together xD
nucdev
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Narcissism: 0.9
Machiavellianism: 1.9
Psychopathy: 1.1

Yours spvbhai?
thefatone
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The test is complete. Be prudent about sharing your results, the dark triad traits are loaded subjects.Here is table of your results (scores are between 0 and 4). The percentile is what percent of other people who have taken this test you score higher than.
Narcissism0.4 Narcissism is an egotistical preoccupation with self. [more] 0% percentile
Machiavellianism3.1 Machiavellianism is a tendency to be manipulative and deceitful.[more] 68% percentile
Psychopathy0.3 Psychopathy reflects shallow emotional responses. [more] 0% percentile

can someone tell me what this means? i don't understand the percentile stuff and numbers
Nameless Ghoul
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

I am not even too bad. I don't believe it.
acupofgreentea
Badges: 13
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ForestShadow)
Heyyy, we have similar Psychopathy (I had 0.9) and Machiavellianism ( I had 0.7), I think it means if we ever want to become psychopaths/Machiavellianists, we know who to group with I guess?

But we cant be narcissists together
xD
Dreams = ruined. :bawiling: At least we've got two out of three, though. :awesome:

What do these results even mean, though?
User1333171
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by thefatone)
The test is complete. Be prudent about sharing your results, the dark triad traits are loaded subjects.Here is table of your results (scores are between 0 and 4). The percentile is what percent of other people who have taken this test you score higher than.
Narcissism0.4 Narcissism is an egotistical preoccupation with self. [more] 0% percentile
Machiavellianism3.1 Machiavellianism is a tendency to be manipulative and deceitful.[more] 68% percentile
Psychopathy0.3 Psychopathy reflects shallow emotional responses. [more] 0% percentile

can someone tell me what this means? i don't understand the percentile stuff and numbers
Of the people who have taken the test 68% of them are less Machiavellian than you. And you seem to be the lowest of those who took the test in terms of narcissism and psychopathy.
thefatone
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by mscaffrey)
Of the people who have taken the test 68% of them are less Machiavellian than you. And you seem to be the lowest of those who took the test in terms of narcissism and psychopathy.
oh ok
ForestShadow
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by acupofgreentea)
Narcissism - (1) - 3rd percentile.
Psychopathy - (0.7) - 1st percentile.
Machiavellianism - (0.6) - 1st percentile.

No idea what this means, so I'm just gonna hope this is an okay result. It'd be a shame to find out I'm evil after all this time. :lol:
(Original post by thefatone)

can someone tell me what this means?
For those who want to know what this means

Wikipedia says

The dark triad is a group of three personality traits: narcissism, Machiavellianism and psychopathy.

Use of the term "dark" implies that people scoring high on these traits have malevolent or evil qualities

This means the lower out of 4 the better I guess

Narcissism is characterized by grandiosity, pride, egotism, and a lack of empathy.

Machiavellianism is characterized by manipulation and exploitation of others, a cynical disregard for morality, and a focus on self-interest and deception.

Psychopathy is characterized by enduring antisocial behavior, impulsivity, selfishness, callousness, and remorselessness
h8skoooooool
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

Tests like this aren't really specific enough to really determine whether you are any of these traits, especially seeing as we don't really know what the numbers mean
DedicatedWizard
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Narcissism 1.9 (17)
Machiavellianism 1.8 (15)
Psychopathy 0.2 (0)

Does anyone know what this means?
username2130115
Rep:
?
(Original post by DedicatedWizard)
Narcissism 1.9 (17)
Machiavellianism 1.8 (15)
Psychopathy 0.2 (0)

Does anyone know what this means?
it means you scored higher than 17 and 15 percent of the test takers in narcissistic and machiavellian personality traits respectively. normal distribution tells us anything below the 50th percentile is below average so you have fewer traits of a personality disorder than most people who take the test.
username2130115
Rep:
?
(Original post by h8skoooooool)

Tests like this aren't really specific enough to really determine whether you are any of these traits, especially seeing as we don't really know what the numbers mean
these tests ought not to be treated as a professional diagnosis. however, i'd conjecture it's very likely someone whom scores in the upper quartile has a personality disorder.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (370)
67.27%
No (180)
32.73%

Watched Threads