Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Feel like my relationship with my dad is getting worse Watch

ReputationRep:
    I have always been a daddys girl but recently like the last year, I noticed like when I say goodnight to everyone and give them a kiss my dad moves away when I say night to him. When im upstairs he moves downstairs like hes avoiding me. I kinda feel like my relationship with him is falling apart like sometimes i feel like he dosent love me... What can i do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Allyiscraycray)
    I have always been a daddys girl but recently like the last year, I noticed like when I say goodnight to everyone and give them a kiss my dad moves away when I say night to him. When im upstairs he moves downstairs like hes avoiding me. I kinda feel like my relationship with him is falling apart like sometimes i feel like he dosent love me... What can i do
    I don't think its the fact that your dad has stopped loving you but rather the fact that he feels uncomfortable with you being affectionate with him. You did say he was more affectionate last year maybe hes realise your growing up and you cannot be a "daddys girl" anymore.

ReputationRep:
    I know but its like even adults have a better relationship with their dad than me.

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you talk to him about it

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.