Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

High Heels watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got any tips for walking in high heeled shoes cos I just bought a pair for my prom tomorrow and I desperately need some tips/help on walking in them please!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kieshaxxx)
    Has anyone got any tips for walking in high heeled shoes cos I just bought a pair for my prom tomorrow and I desperately need some tips/help on walking in them please!!!
    just think u are talking on a stage, u will be fine, as long as u don't trip

ReputationRep:
    wear them at home for a bit and get used to them

ReputationRep:
    LOL! i never wore high heels but ive seen my sis treying to walk in them and

LMFAO :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KOH)
    LOL! i never wore high heels but ive seen my sis treying to walk in them and

LMFAO :cool:
    LOL that's nasty!

ReputationRep:
    haha! you need to wear them all this evening.. and remember marylin monroe.. one foot in front of the other and youll be fine (never ever stump along splaying your feet outwards like a duck cos your bum willstick out!) youve got to mince slightly.,. but def wear them all evening!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saf!)
    wear them at home for a bit and get used to them

Yeh I'm wearing them at the moment and have been all day, trying to get used to them. I'm usually alright with heels on boots and stuff but they are strappy sandals with a really thin heel so it's a bit tricky!

ReputationRep:
    lol first of all make sure they are your size!
    if they are a little big they wont hold on to your foot and you will twist your ancle! secondly, it takes practice, you should start with high heels slowly!
    4cm them 6 then 7 etc etc!

ReputationRep:
    Get a pair of scissors or something and cut them off. Should make it easier then. Unless you want to keep them for stabbing people in the foot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kriztinae)
    lol first of all make sure they are your size!
    if they are a little big they wont hold on to your foot and you will twist your ancle! secondly, it takes practice, you should start with high heels slowly!
    4cm them 6 then 7 etc etc!
    Yeh I know, these heels aren't too high they are only about 3.5 inches. That's not too high is it?

ReputationRep:
    Yeh I know, these heels aren't too high they are only about 3.5 inches. That's not too high is it?
    thats average i guess! but a little high to start with i guess

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chidori)
    Get a pair of scissors or something and cut them off. Should make it easier then. Unless you want to keep them for stabbing people in the foot.
    Donta wanna sound lame, but, that kinda kills thier coz!! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chidori)
    only in self defence! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    heel toe heel toe heel toe

and when you stand make sure you don't put all your weight on the balls of your foot because that will hurt. Practice this evening becuase you will need practice.

ReputationRep:
    go to superdrug tomorrow and buy some of the pads you can stick on your feet to stop thme getting sore with heels (can't remember what they're called) ... your feet will ache by the end of the night if you're not used to them.and just make sure you walk standing tall (if that makes sense, one foot in front of the other etc) and you will be fine. hope you have fun and look great!

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    go to superdrug tomorrow and buy some of the pads you can stick on your feet to stop thme getting sore with heels (can't remember what they're called) ... your feet will ache by the end of the night if you're not used to them.and just make sure you walk standing tall (if that makes sense, one foot in front of the other etc) and you will be fine. hope you have fun and look great!

lou xxx

Thanks for the advice, bu wont the pads show???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kriztinae)
    only in self defence! :rolleyes:
    yeah never thought of that!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the advice, bu wont the pads show???
    no, they go on the ball of your foot and are skin coloured anyway. they're designed to give it a bit of cushioning and are for really strappy shoes so iare dead discrete.

*will run downstairs and find out what they're called*

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    no, they go on the ball of your foot and are skin coloured anyway. they're designed to give it a bit of cushioning and are for really strappy shoes so iare dead discrete.

*will run downstairs and find out what they're called*

lou xxx
    Aw thanks!

ReputationRep:
    pretend you're walking on tro tracks, and keep your feet aligned along them, splay or turned in feet look terrible with heels

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.