High Heels Watch

This discussion is closed.
p8224
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by lilsunflower)
Oh! And when you're climbing stairs or stepping over drain covers (with holes in them) put your weight on the flat bit of the shoe or your heel will get stuck.
YES!!! and also when you're walking on soil...

if you're wearing stilletos, try the heel-ball-toe motion where the heel and ball touch the ground at the same time to avoid snapping your heel...
when walking down stairs, it helps if u turn your feet slightly to the side coz you're less likely to fall. and NEVER run in heels!! you'll kill both your feet and shoes!
Flicker
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by kieshaxxx)
Has anyone got any tips for walking in high heeled shoes cos I just bought a pair for my prom tomorrow and I desperately need some tips/help on walking in them please!!!
wear them in the house and practise as much as possible! and look in a mirror to see if you're standing nicely? just stand up nice and straight and don't think about ti too much!
~independent~
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Whatever you do, don't let them overbalance to either side, the worst that can happen is for you to twist your ankle, and I would know.
It's like, you step, and somehow your foot twists and you are like walking on the side of your ankles. Bloody painful.
Yea, anyways, I'll shut up now.
Hayley_2k4
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
No matter how you walk in them, after a few drinks, you'll be unable to walk in them anyhow. I should know

it's great fun tho
ickle_katy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by lou p lou)
i love heels as well, but sometimes i would love to be able to go out in flat shoes, but i look really short (especially if i'm with the bf who is really tall)

lou xxx

i used to be like you...i love high heels..but my feet used to kill.....but once i was in uni a couple of months..you get so fed up of hurting feet when sometimes your out 10 nights in a row...you go out in flip flops...and now its my regular shoeage...i keep my heels for special occations.

btw, they sell the party feet things in topshop...are they reuseable or is it wear once and throw away?

love katy ***
Everdawn
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I have so many blisters from wearing heels, yeah they cane but I love wearing them. I dont really have to becuase im tall, but I love them. I can walk around in them all day. I do however, love my ballet pumps, I can seriously wear them anywhere!

Ok back to the question. The best advice I can give you is wear them all day today so you can break them in and reduce the risk of blisters (usually you should do this one-two weeks before event, but we havent got that much time!). Use small slow steps to start off with as others have said. And when you are confident try walking a little faster. In your bag, be sure to put some elastoplast in, could save your life! Have fun!
Kiesha
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Thanks for the advice everyone! I wore them last night to the prom with those gel insole things and they were actually all right! My feet hurt a bit towards the end of the night but there were no blisters or anything and even when all my friends took their heels off in the middle of the night, I was still going strong in mine!
ickle_katy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by kieshaxxx)
Thanks for the advice everyone! I wore them last night to the prom with those gel insole things and they were actually all right! My feet hurt a bit towards the end of the night but there were no blisters or anything and even when all my friends took their heels off in the middle of the night, I was still going strong in mine!

so tell us all the gossip...did you have a great night???

love Katy ***
LH
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm a regular wearer of high heels, I too struggle to walk in them, indeed, it is difficult to find pretty shoes that fit my feet.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (866)
80.11%
Leave (215)
19.89%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed