Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I would like to join the police when I am older but I'm unsure on the route to take.

Do I get degree and apply for a higher position straight away (I want to eventually become a Detective Inspector), join the specials to gain experience before committing to the career or do I just become a PCSO and work up the ranks?

Any useful advice is appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mollycatb)
    I would like to join the police when I am older but I'm unsure on the route to take.

Do I get degree and apply for a higher position straight away (I want to eventually become a Detective Inspector), join the specials to gain experience before committing to the career or do I just become a PCSO and work up the ranks?

Any useful advice is appreciated.
    my friend in the met tarted as a pcso and in now an officer and wants to join the armed unit

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.