Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys give me some tips on how to study chemistry easily

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shivani_10)
    Hi! I have just joined the student room. Looks like you are doing really well with revision! I am also in year 12, pretty inspiring seeing how much you are getting through! Is doing past papers helpful?
    It is hands down the best way to prepare for exams. If you had an exam on how to fly a plane, sail a boat or drive a car, you wouldn't write down in notes how to do it as your only practice would you? No, you'd go out and practice it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hasi.99)
    Hey guys give me some tips on how to study chemistry easily

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's not going to be easy. Don't look for shortcuts. What you can do however is try to make it fun (this is probably what you mean). So you should be switching up how you revise. This means past papers, long notes, short notes, flashcards, posters, mindmaps, youtube videos. Make a plan for your revision.

ReputationRep:
    Best of luck to you!

ReputationRep:
    10/04/2016

Almost back to school. I just have a few bits of french vocab to do over today and tomorrow, and maybe a few physics definitions to make flashcards from. It was definitely worth making an Easter plan and doing loads of work early on, because now I can relax slightly (well for 2 days precisely).

The other thing I'll be doing is tweaking my new timetable, I've been given some great bits of advice on what to do and what not to do by some people who have already done AS, so I'll take that advice on board.

Update at 11:10. I've just amended my revision schedule. Obviously it's likely to change as things come up, but it's always good to have a plan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maria.x)
    Best of luck to you!
    Thank you! And you too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by richpanda)
    Thank you! And you too?
    Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    11/04/2016

First day back! Back on my revision schedule too. Today I have an M1 paper to do, write some notes on a physics topic and do the relevant physics questions.

Maths M1- June 2010, got 74/75. This paper went really well, both in terms of scoring and timing.

Physics- Did my 3.1 Notes and the exam practice questions in the book, which all went fine. It only actually took about 50 minutes to do both, but I expected that as it's a really short and simple section.

Technically that's me finished for today, but I think I'll make a start on tomorrow's chemistry as I have a larger physics module to make full notes on and do the questions for tomorrow. I also think there is some champions league tomorrow.

Chemistry- Did 45 minutes of the notes I should have been doing tomorrow, which I will finish off tomorrow. I'm going through all of my chemistry topics systematically.

ReputationRep:
    wow! Your maths marks are all so high! I am doing C1, C2 and S1 this year. Do you have any tips or advice for how to get marks like yours?

ReputationRep:
    wow! Your maths marks are all so high! I am doing C1, C2 and S1 this year. Do you have any tips or advice for how to get marks like yours?
    Just do past papers and learn the question types

ReputationRep:
    this is actually motivating me :-) keep up the good work and i hope you get your 4 A's !!

ReputationRep:
    12/04/2016

Well I'm writing this at half past 6... with the day's work complete already! I finished off the chemistry topic notes at school during a free period, did the physics notes and then did the accompanying physics questions (annoyingly there were only 1 or 2 that I did, as I'd already done the others).

The thing is.. I kind of want to do some more work! So what I'm going to do is edit my revision plan a bit, go for a run or cycle, watch the Man City game, then do maybe another 45 minutes or so of work. I think I'll do some inorganic/physical chemistry questions from my revision guide.

Chemistry Notes- Completed. Started early yesterday and finished today.

Physics Notes- Completed. The easiest of my 3 electricity topics, took about 40 minutes.

Physics Questions- Completed. Only had 1 or 2 to do, as I'd already done the others (stupidly)

(Unrelated to today's notes) Chemistry Questions- Completed. Only did half an hour, will carry on with these when I next have some revision time to spare.

ReputationRep:
    Just another general post.

My revision plan is just a baseline minimum to what I should be doing. It includes notes, reviewing the spec, past papers, practice questions, looking at vocab and even some exam specific advice (mainly the How Science Works stuff). On days such as today where I have done everything and have an appetite for more, I will do something that isn't on my plan. For example, do revision guide questions, a past paper from another exam board or watch youtube videos on the topic.

Last part- If anyone wants more detail or advice in my posts, let me know.

ReputationRep:
    13/04/2016

I'm really tired right now, my eyes are sagging. Anyway, today I had down on my plan to do a Core 2 Paper and some French vocab. I've done the Core 2 Paper, I'm going to carry on with some of the chemistry revision guide questions, then I'll be out for a bit and once I'm back I'll do the French.

Maths- Completed. Did a Core 2 Paper, 68/75.

French- Completed. Did some vocab.

Chemistry- Completed. Did an hour of inorganic/physical questions from the revision guide.

ReputationRep:

My revision plan is just a baseline minimum to what I should be doing. It includes notes, reviewing the spec, past papers, practice questions, looking at vocab and even some exam specific advice (mainly the How Science Works stuff). On days such as today where I have done everything and have an appetite for more, I will do something that isn't on my plan. For example, do revision guide questions, a past paper from another exam board or watch youtube videos on the topic.

Yeah I would love more detail and advice in your posts.
    Also I have hit a bit of a wall in terms of motivation at the moment. Any advice for that?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I would love more detail and advice in your posts.
    Also I have hit a bit of a wall in terms of motivation at the moment. Any advice for that?
    Motivation is mainly internal, you have to push yourself. Think about how it would feel to fail, that feeling.

ReputationRep:

Sounds like I do this as well in these last coming weeks.

ReputationRep:
    14/04/2016

Had an ultra productive evening so far. I had a free last period, so I started my topic 2 chemistry notes, probably did about half an hour of good work there. Since I've got home, I've spent 2 hours finishing the notes on that topic (It's the largest topic that I'll be doing in 1 piece). I'm now going to go for a run, watch the football, then do a physics paper before bed.

Chemistry- Completed. Took me 2.5 hours to do notes on a whole topic.

Physics- Completed. Did a past paper, got 50/60.

ReputationRep:
    15/04/2016

I arrived home late from school at about 6. I ate, checked TSR (naturally) and did a bit of tidying up, then cracked out an hour and 10 minutes of physics revision, which was the notes and practice questions on a sub-unit. The other thing on my plan tonight is a French writing task, but I may also do some extra chemistry.

Physics- Completed. Did notes and questions on a sub-topic.

French- Completed. Did an essay writing question.

Chemistry (Additional)- Did about 40 minutes starting a poster on a topic, which I'll carry on with over the weekend.

ReputationRep:
    16/04/2016

My first weekend since the Easter break, and my first weekend on my new revision plan! I have a fair bit of work to do today, and I'd like to have some relaxation time too. In total, I have a C1 and M1 papers to do, some chemistry notes on redox, physics notes and questions, and then carrying on with my chemistry posters, of which I started the first yesterday.

Maths- Did C1 June 2010 (74/75) and M1 January 2012 (71/75).

Chemistry- Did the notes on my redox topic, which is really small and only took me about 20 minutes.

Physics- Completed. Did a set of notes on a sub topic, then did the accompanying questions. I wasn't pleased with my lack of motivation during the questions.

Chemistry (Additional)- Done about 1.5 hours on finishing off the poster I started yesterday, and doing about half of the second poster.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.