Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by richpanda)
    12/05/2016

6 days. Not feeling too much pressure yet, but even if if I got 75/75 on all 7 of the C1 papers I have yet to do before my exam, I'm still going to be bricking it. However today I'm completely ignoring C1 (that's kind of a lie, I did 30 minutes of really hard C1 questions earlier), as I have chemistry notes and a core 2 paper to do.

Maths- Completed. Spend 1.5 hours doing and marking the June 2014 Core 2 paper. I got 70/75. All 5 marks were dropped on 1 question that I just couldn't work out how to do.

Chemistry-
    What question couldn't you do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nowen)
    What question couldn't you do?
    9. My mind went blank

ReputationRep:
    Are you planning to drop a subject next year? If yes, which one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kennethdcharles)
    Are you planning to drop a subject next year? If yes, which one?
    I'm not sure what our sixth form allows, it hasn't even been mentioned yet. If I do drop a subject, subject to my results, it will be French.

ReputationRep:
    I thought it might have been question 9. Took some time for me to figure it out.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure what our sixth form allows, it hasn't even been mentioned yet. If I do drop a subject, subject to my results, it will be French.
    Ohh alright.

ReputationRep:
    13/05/2016

Friday the 13th... however it's not going to be my unlucky day! I've got a core 1 paper to do, a physics practice paper, and if time permits some french (if not I'll push this back to tomorrow). I've got a big weekend ahead (Core 1 practice is going to be featuring a lot), along with a few other bits of revision and homework.

Maths- Completed. Spent an hour doing a Core 1 paper, got 74/75.

Physics- Completed. Spend about 1 hour and 10 minutes finishing off a practice paper. Don't know my score yet.

ReputationRep:
    13/05/2016

Friday the 13th... however it's not going to be my unlucky day! I've got a core 1 paper to do, a physics practice paper, and if time permits some french (if not I'll push this back to tomorrow). I've got a big weekend ahead (Core 1 practice is going to be featuring a lot), along with a few other bits of revision and homework.

Maths- Completed. Spent an hour doing a Core 1 paper, got 74/75.

Physics-

French-
    what core 1 paper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The gains kinggg)
    what core 1 paper
    june 2013

ReputationRep:
    14/05/2016

Today I have 2 Core 1 papers to do, some mechanics questions, and another physics practice paper. I'm now starting to really feel like I'm in the exam period- however the real feeling probably won't kick in until tuesday.

Maths- Completed. Did C1 Jan 2014- 74/75 and C1 June 2013 R- 74/75. Then did some mechanics vector questions. Did about 2 hours and 15 minutes.

Physics- Completed. Did a full practice paper in about 1 hour 45 minutes.

It's almost 5 o'clock and I've now done 4 hours of work. I'm going to exercise then eat, then this evening I'll try to do another 2 hours of work. I'm thinking I could do about 1 hour of french (essay and vocab), then perhaps some practicing for my chemistry paper 1 or some Core 1.

French (Additional)- Did about 30 minutes of vocab and an essay.

ReputationRep:
    15/03/2016

In almost exactly 3 days from now I'll be sitting my Core 1 exam... scary. However today I have a lot more variety on my revision plan, rather than just maths. This morning I'm going to do a Core 2 paper, a French paper and I think I'm going to redo the June 2015 Core 1 paper. Then after lunch I'm going to do a mock chemistry paper (I found it on the internet). I'll then have a break and watch some football, then this evening I've got the last topic to cover in writing up my chemistry notes.

Maths- Completed. Did a tricky core 2 paper, on which I got 71/75. On the Core 1 paper I got 72/75.

French- Completed. Did a past paper, got 35/40 so pretty pleased.

Chemistry- Completed. Spent 45 minutes doing my last set of notes. Then spent an hour and 15 doing some Paper 1 style questions.

Just about to have dinner, then I'll probably relax/exercise/wash before 9:30, then try and get another hour in (probably of core 1). So far I've done 5 hours today, which I'm pleased with.

ReputationRep:
    15/03/2016

In almost exactly 3 days from now I'll be sitting my Core 1 exam... scary. However today I have a lot more variety on my revision plan, rather than just maths. This morning I'm going to do a Core 2 paper, a French paper and I think I'm going to redo the June 2015 Core 1 paper. Then after lunch I'm going to do a mock chemistry paper (I found it on the internet). I'll then have a break and watch some football, then this evening I've got the last topic to cover in writing up my chemistry notes.

Maths- Completed. Did a tricky core 2 paper, on which I got 71/75. On the Core 1 paper I got 72/75.

French- Completed. Did a past paper, got 35/40 so pretty pleased.

Chemistry-
    which maths papers?

ReputationRep:
    which tricky core 2 paper was it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nowen)
    which maths papers?
    (Original post by shivani_10)
    which tricky core 2 paper was it?
    Core 2 was june 2014 R, the Core 1 was 2015

ReputationRep:
    16/05/2016

T-1.5 days.. it's getting closer. However still no nerves yet, I kind of just want to get it out of the way and settle in to my exam rhythm. I find that once I've done the first exam, I become slightly less worried about the rest of them. Anyway, back to today's work. I've already done 1 Core 1 paper at school (73/75), and I've got 2 more to do tonight, and some chemistry too.

Maths- Completed. On the paper at school I got 73/75. On 2014 R paper I also got 73/75. Really annoyed for making the most stupid mistakes you could think of arghh so annoyed. Did Solomon J paper, 75/75.

Chemistry- Completed. Did 1 hour of questions for paper 1.

ReputationRep:
    16/05/2016

T-1.5 days.. it's getting closer. However still no nerves yet, I kind of just want to get it out of the way and settle in to my exam rhythm. I find that once I've done the first exam, I become slightly less worried about the rest of them. Anyway, back to today's work. I've already done 1 Core 1 paper at school (73/75), and I've got 2 more to do tonight, and some chemistry too.

Maths- Completed. On the paper at school I got 73/75. On 2014 R paper I also got 73/75. Really annoyed for making the most stupid mistakes you could think of arghh so annoyed. Did Solomon J paper, 75/75.

Chemistry-
    Why the Jesus Christ are you annoyed that you dropped two marks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJS107)
    It's not the fact that he dropped the marks, more to do with the fact that they were dropped due to carelessness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nowen)
    It's not the fact that he dropped the marks, more to do with the fact that they were dropped due to carelessness.
    (Original post by MJS107)
    precisely. I'm talking about basic errors such as subtraction- I did 65/5 - 64/5 as 1/65 instead of 1/5. Also things like positives and negatives

ReputationRep:
    17/05/2016

My first ever A level exam (Core 1) is tomorrow, so obviously tonight I will be focusing on that. I've already done 2 past papers as of writing this (72/75 and 75/75), and I'm going to do 2 more. Wish me luck!

Maths- Completed. Did first 2 Core 1 gold papers, got 73/75 and 75/75. Did an IAL paper, on the C1 parts I got 44/45. Did June 2014 paper again.

Now off to bed, my next update will include my thoughts on the exam.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck!!
    I did a Solomon paper for the first time today and found it really hard. What is the likelihood of tomorrow's paper being as hard. Apparently the tests have been getting harder every year. Any advice?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.