Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am looking to go on the pill, however, talking to some of my friends that are currently on it for opinions, they are giving me very different feedback. 4 of them are on the same one but 3 of them have different side effects (gained weight, acne etc) but the other has had none!
    I don't know what to do about it bc (of course) the side effects do not sound appealing but i still do need to go on the pill...
    How do i choose what one to go with?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Kenneyx)
    I am looking to go on the pill, however, talking to some of my friends that are currently on it for opinions, they are giving me very different feedback. 4 of them are on the same one but 3 of them have different side effects (gained weight, acne etc) but the other has had none!
    I don't know what to do about it bc (of course) the side effects do not sound appealing but i still do need to go on the pill...
    different people can have different side effects so its a case of trying one type and if that gives you side effects then try an other.

ReputationRep:
    There's so many different pills if you have side effects you can just ask to change and they'll put you on to another one straight away no problem.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes the contraceptive pill does have side effects such as weight gain, acne etc.
    With side effects you have to understand that not everybody will experience them. There are various kinds so I advise you pop into your local pharmacy & ask

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Not everyone is the same on the pill, some have side effects on one, others don't. If you do experience side effects on one pill you can always ask to change it and go on another one.

ReputationRep:
    The pill is just estrogen & progestin. It's just hormones. You won't gain weight out of nowhere, your appetite may increase - just work around it. Any hormone imbalances should work out after a while, don't worry about acne.

weight gain!!!!
    i say abstinence is the best heheh

ReputationRep:
    have a look at different types of contraception instead if the side effects dont appeal to you? i have the implant because the side effects from the pill were really bad, (i was having chest pains and almost had a stroke!!)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 7, 2016
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.