The Student Room Group

How many topics from the Specification should I revise daily?

So I'm going about with revision but I'm wondering if I should separate revision into chunks by picking out certain topics from the specification and revising them during days.
So the question is how many topics from a specification should I dedicate to revising daily?
Original post by Niyi Aderounmu
So I'm going about with revision but I'm wondering if I should separate revision into chunks by picking out certain topics from the specification and revising them during days.
So the question is how many topics from a specification should I dedicate to revising daily?

How long do you have and how much time do you have to dedicate to revision?
Original post by Ara8311a
How long do you have and how much time do you have to dedicate to revision?

Well I'm revising this month and I usually do 3 hours after school on weekdays and longer on weekends.
Original post by Niyi Aderounmu
Well I'm revising this month and I usually do 3 hours after school on weekdays and longer on weekends.

In response to your previous question I would think for each topic how long I want to spend on each topic and gradually reduce it the more I revise it. My friend's teacher suggested for geography that they broke up an hour into 12 and revised each one of the twelve topics for five minutes, had a break and then repeated with each topic. This method would be good for recall but I'm not sure how much you'd cover in each session.

Personally when I revise I pick out a topic from the spec and work on it until I'm confident that I know about it, move on and then come back the next day to check what I can remember and fill in the gaps. I hope this helps!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending