Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Two virgins have sex. Condom present or not? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TorpidPhil)
    And it's also possible to win the lottery six times in one life.
    Even better, winning six STDs from one virgin!

ReputationRep:
    The pill isn't 100% you can still get pregnant, my sisters friend still did. Plus you can never be sure if she's taking her pills on schedule.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xobeauty)
    The pill isn't 100% you can still get pregnant, my sisters friend still did. Plus you can never be sure if she's taking her pills on schedule.
    It's a real shame that there isn't a reliable form of temporary male contraceptive for this reason.

Patriarchy for you!

Making men have to have their utter trust in women in order to experience full sexual pleasure.

Like I said though. Because I'm not wanting casual sex I wouldn't be bedding someone were it not already a given that I could trust them enough to believe that they are reliable enough and trustworthy enough to take her drugs on schedule if she says she will. Or that when she got the IUD, she really did get it and isn't lying to me so she can guilt-trip me into staying with her forever.

ReputationRep:
    It's a real shame that there isn't a reliable form of temporary male contraceptive for this reason.

Patriarchy for you!

Making men have to have their utter trust in women in order to experience full sexual pleasure.

Like I said though. Because I'm not wanting casual sex I wouldn't be bedding someone were it not already a given that I could trust them enough to believe that they are reliable enough and trustworthy enough to take her drugs on schedule if she says she will. Or that when she got the IUD, she really did get it and isn't lying to me so she can guilt-trip me into staying with her forever.
    So make sure to use a condom as well.

Vasagel is a new thing for males it blocks the sperm temporarily ...look into it I don't know details.

ReputationRep:
    So make sure to use a condom as well.

Vasagel is a new thing for males it blocks the sperm temporarily ...look into it I don't know details.
    Please. Just try and think from the perspective of a male for a second here.

Why would I want to make first time sex even more anxiety causing and unejoyable when the chance of STI is incredibly low given the conditions I've stated?

Far more importantly though - I am not going going to have someone interfering with my testicle area with experimental methodologies that are not even guaranteed to be reversible (nor effective; nor safe) when I most assuredly want kids of my own later down the line - and there are female contraceptive methods which we have far far far stronger evidence to be extremely safe. How about instead of going to such crazy extremes I bother with a relationship with a normal woman who can I actually trust isn't lying to me when she says she has got the contraceptive issue covered - perhaps after we've already had a discussion on such?

ReputationRep:
    Please. Just try and think from the perspective of a male for a second here.

Why would I want to make first time sex even more anxiety causing and unejoyable when the chance of STI is incredibly low given the conditions I've stated?

More importantly though - I am not going going to have someone interfering with my testicle area with experimental methodologies that are not even guaranteed to be reversible (nor effective; nor safe) when I most assuredly want kids of my own later down the line - and there are female contraceptive methods which we have far far far stronger evidence to be extremely safe. How about instead of going to such crazy extremes I bother with a relationship with a normal woman who can I actually trust isn't lying to me when she says she has got the contraceptive issue covered - perhaps after we've already had a discussion on such?
    Then do that? Put your trust in someone else if you want. Just make sure you have a good job just incase ..babies are expensive.

ReputationRep:
    Then do that? Put your trust in someone else if you want. Just make sure you have a good job just incase babies, are expensive.
    I'm clearly quite set in my ways at this point. Even before the thread really. That said, I just don't understand why people are like "condom, condom, condom" ceaselessly no matter what.

It's like an ideological gimmick. You ask 20 year olds vs, say 35 year olds that actually had sex with more than just 3 partners and the opinion on condoms is pretty starkly different.

*shrugs*

ReputationRep:
    I'm clearly quite set in my ways at this point. Even before the thread really. That said, I just don't understand why people are like "condom, condom, condom" ceaselessly no matter what.

It's like an ideological gimmick. You ask 20 year olds vs, say 35 year olds that actually had sex with more than just 3 partners and the opinion on condoms is pretty starkly different.

*shrugs*
    youre so complicated.

So what do 35 year olds say vs 20 year olds?

ReputationRep:
    youre so complicated.

So what do 35 year olds say vs 20 year olds?
    20 year olds are terrified and are all like "must have condom no matter what". Becuz 0.001% chance of pregnancy is scary. Even though that is totally missing the fact that a condom's contraceptive capacity alone is pretty poor so either way you rely on her doing her job and relying on her is far more likely to go wrong if you've got this view of "you can't trust anyone" than it is for the condom to succeed at preventing pregnancy when it alone is the only contraception (because she did lie to you).

In contrast, most educated 35 year olds note that when talking about monogamous, normal relationships say the following I bet:

Many assumptions are made in the other answers, so I'm going to approach this in a different (perhaps less American and/or conservative) way.
    First off, here are a few of the assumptions most other answers make:
    • The asker is a boy/man
    • The asker is heterosexual (the tags may have been added later)
    • There is no other contraceptive involved
    • There is a risk of STD's (which is baloney in a committed relationship built on trust where both parties took a test, or if both are virgins, which may be the fact)
    Here's my take, considering I do NOT know these premises:

If this is "just sex" i.e. sex for the sex, a random hookup, or, generally speaking when in doubt: use a condom, always and forever.

However, IF you are in a monogamous relationship with a person and you two grew to this moment for a long time, and/or

1 - you are either both virgins or you are absolutely certain s/he has no STD's, AND
    2 - either of you is using a reliable way to prevent unwanted pregnancy, if applicable.

If this is a unique moment and one you have worked towards for your whole pubescent life and possibly beyond. You may want to enjoy it to the fullest and do it without. This may remain so as long as points 1 and 2 do not change.

Let's not ******** ourselves, most men enjoy sex more without a condom and we should be honest about it.

Why? Because, teenagers aren't stupid and nobody likes dishonest PC advice.
    Besides you don't want a teenager to discover this by accident, lose all trust in conventional advice and never use a condom again, along with a whole range of other stupid choices, all because they lost trust in your advice because it wasn't completely honest, which may lead to the conclusion that all of it was overly protective.

P.S Why do you say I am complicated? I'm taking that as a compliment though :P

ReputationRep:
    20 year olds are terrified and are all like "must have condom no matter what". Becuz 0.001% chance of pregnancy is scary. Even though that is totally missing the fact that a condom's contraceptive capacity alone is pretty poor so either way you rely on her doing her job and relying on her is far more likely to go wrong if you've got this view of "you can't trust anyone" than it is for the condom to succeed at preventing pregnancy when it alone is the only contraception (because she did lie to you).

In contrast, most educated 35 year olds note that when talking about monogamous, normal relationships say the following I bet:

Many assumptions are made in the other answers, so I'm going to approach this in a different (perhaps less American and/or conservative) way.
    First off, here are a few of the assumptions most other answers make:
    • The asker is a boy/man
    • The asker is heterosexual (the tags may have been added later)
    • There is no other contraceptive involved
    • There is a risk of STD's (which is baloney in a committed relationship built on trust where both parties took a test, or if both are virgins, which may be the fact)
    Here's my take, considering I do NOT know these premises:

If this is "just sex" i.e. sex for the sex, a random hookup, or, generally speaking when in doubt: use a condom, always and forever.

However, IF you are in a monogamous relationship with a person and you two grew to this moment for a long time, and/or

1 - you are either both virgins or you are absolutely certain s/he has no STD's, AND
    2 - either of you is using a reliable way to prevent unwanted pregnancy, if applicable.

If this is a unique moment and one you have worked towards for your whole pubescent life and possibly beyond. You may want to enjoy it to the fullest and do it without. This may remain so as long as points 1 and 2 do not change.

Let's not ******** ourselves, most men enjoy sex more without a condom and we should be honest about it.

Why? Because, teenagers aren't stupid and nobody likes dishonest PC advice.
    Besides you don't want a teenager to discover this by accident, lose all trust in conventional advice and never use a condom again, along with a whole range of other stupid choices, all because they lost trust in your advice because it wasn't completely honest, which may lead to the conclusion that all of it was overly protective.

P.S Why do you say I am complicated? I'm taking that as a compliment though :P
    Your new gf is in for some serious headaches.

You do make good points sure. That little 1% is scary because people still get pregnant, accidents happen all the time, haven't you heard stories of girls on the pill and still getting pregnant, it's better to be safe then sorry. Of course 20 year olds are more paranoid they can't even wipe their own ass.

ReputationRep:

You do make good points sure. That little 1% is scary because people still get pregnant, accidents happen all the time, haven't you heard stories of girls on the pill and still getting pregnant, it's better to be safe then sorry. Of course 20 year olds are more paranoid they can't even whipe their own ass.
    It's actually 3% but who's counting :lol:

(Original post by EdwardBarfield9)
    Obviously trying to troll. I know it's called a Sexually Transmitted Disease. However, you can still get an STI without sexual intercourse.

"Also, there are other STIs (herpes and HPV) that are passed through skin-to-skin contact, even if no penetration has taken place."

http://www.iwannaknow.org/teens/myth.../overview.html
    There are two herpes viruses. One is like chickenpox but you have it for life; you get herpes 1 as a child, you get cold sores on mouth and most people have it, but symptoms are hidden for a long time. The other herpes is the STI; it's uncommon and you get cold sores on your groin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ServantOfMorgoth)
    It's actually 3% but who's counting :lol:
    The pill is over 99% effective...

And who says it will be even be the pill! Women have an absolute multitude of contraceptive options available to them that show very few side effects (one may, but overall if you try them all the chances of them all giving you non-negligible side effects is very very low) and are very effective.

You do make good points sure. That little 1% is scary because people still get pregnant, accidents happen all the time, haven't you heard stories of girls on the pill and still getting pregnant, it's better to be safe then sorry. Of course 20 year olds are more paranoid they can't even wipe their own ass.
    Somehow, and I must admit I have no idea how, she seems to enjoy my arbitrary lectures. We literally spent 2hours last night talking about the objectivity of music lmfao. I haven't discussed that for so long in one sitting even with a TSRian... She's a little less feisty than I would hope atm though. I hope she points out my ******** sometime in the future when she gets more comfortable with me. Fortunately she is rather well educated and quite intelligent so I an actually converse with her about such things without feeling like I'm lecturing a 10 year old - as I've done, as I have taught primary school kids.

Alternatively of course this could just be an elaborate means to get into my pants. They are quite alluring I dare say. But, at this point I'm not sure I would even care. Especially if she's a good cook (as she so fervently claims she is) :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    There are two herpes viruses. One is like chickenpox but you have it for life; you get herpes 1 as a child, you get cold sores on mouth and most people have it, but symptoms are hidden for a long time. The other herpes is the STI; it's uncommon and you get cold sores on your groin
    Why you anon though?

ReputationRep:
    The pill is over 99% effective...

And who says it will be even be the pill! Women have an absolute multitude of contraceptive options available to them that show very few side effects (one may, but overall if you try them all the chances of them all giving you non-negligible side effects is very very low) and are very effective.

Somehow, and I must admit I have no idea how, she seems to enjoy my arbitrary lectures. We literally spent 2hours last night talking about the objectivity of music lmfao. I haven't discussed that for so long in one sitting even with a TSRian... She's a little less feisty than I would hope atm though. I hope she points out my ******** sometime in the future when she gets more comfortable with me. Fortunately she is rather well educated and quite intelligent so I an actually converse with her about such things without feeling like I'm lecturing a 10 year old - as I've done, as I have taught primary school kids.

Alternatively of course this could just be an elaborate means to get into my pants. They are quite alluring I dare say. But, at this point I'm not sure I would even care. Especially if she's a good cook :P
    What if she or future girlfriends refuse to go on the pill? Are you totally against the idea of using a condom?

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=TorpidPhil;63217403]The pill is over 99% effective...

Alternatively of course this could just be an elaborate means to get into my pants. They are quite alluring I dare say. But, at this point I'm not sure I would even care. Especially if she's a good cook :P[/QUOTE]

Who are you talking about at this point?

ReputationRep:
    What if she or future girlfriends refuse to go on the pill? Are you totally against the idea of using a condom?
    I'm not no, that would be silly. Even if first time I don't use it just so the I'm not super anxious the first time about it and to make that experience as best as possible. I would still want to use it the second time just to know how different it is. Precisely what it feels like. I think it's safe to say though that no man would want to have to wear a condom during sex, everytime or ideally, any-time, but that would mean no casual sex

If a future partner didn't want to go on the pill there are many alternative options available to them that are less hassle to manage and generally have less side effects. And they're free as well! IUDs, contraception jabs, etc.

I solemnly mean it when I say that if such effective options for contraception were available to me I'd undertake them. If by some miracle I could have a doctor shove something up my ass to stop me from producing sperm, but still make semen with no real side effects, I'd do it. Alas, no such thing exists for males. So I have no choice but to defer the decision to the woman. She might think that's bad, but she must recall how much faith I must have in her to ever have sex with her, be it with a condom (which only has 85% success rate when not with other contraception in typical use) or without. Not mentioning of course how woman are advantaged in custody proceedings, how if they become pregnant all power over whether a baby results from that is in the woman's hands etc etc. Woman have a damn lot of power in relationships through sex. It is something they should appreciate.

Who are you talking about at this point?
    Her, my 'gf', after you said that she's going to be in for some serious headaches.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not no, that would be silly. Even if first time I don't use it just so the I'm not super anxious the first time about it and to make that experience as best as possible. I would still want to use it the second time just to know how different it is. Precisely what it feels like. I think it's safe to say though that no man would want to have to wear a condom during sex, everytime or ideally, any-time, but that would mean no casual sex

If a future partner didn't want to go on the pill there are many alternative options available to them that are less hassle to manage and generally have less side effects. And they're free as well! IUDs, contraception jabs, etc.

I solemnly mean it when I say that if such effective options for contraception were available to me I'd undertake them. If by some miracle I could have a doctor shove something up my ass to stop me from producing sperm, but still make semen with no real side effects, I'd do it. Alas, no such thing exists for males. So I have no choice but to defer the decision to the woman. She might think that's bad, but she must recall how much faith I must have in her to ever have sex with her, be it with a condom (which only has 85% success rate when not with other contraception in typical use) or without. Not mentioning of course how woman are advantaged in custody proceedings, how if they become pregnant all power over whether a baby results from that is in the woman's hands etc etc. Woman have a damn lot of power in relationships through sex. It is something they should appreciate.

Her, my 'gf', after you said that she's going to be in for some serious headaches.
    I don't know why girls do all this **** to their bodies, pills, sticking a plastic thing up their vag with that idu crap. Actually I give them props I feel so bad for them

I wish you could stick something up your ass too (lol) not fair women have to jack up their bodies all the time. You may think they have a lot more power but they go through a lot more crap.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Me and my bf were both virgins when we first had sex and we never used a condom as I was on the pill. If I knew for a fact he wasn't a virgin then I would have used a condom too until we both got tested

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Yes. They could be born with HIV, herpes etc.
    Condom can help themselves to minimize the chance of being HIV.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 22, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.