The Student Room Group

Can't get over feeling UGLY & worthless after rejection, is there anything I can do?

I've tried for weeks to get over this but I can't I just feel worse and worse. I'm afraid to tell anyone IRL because I should be over this by now.

No matter what I do no matter how nice and caring I am, pretty I dress, how much I go to the gym or how skinny I get it's not going to be enough for him, or any guy for that matter they all hate me. I'm disgusting and I just can't take it any more!!!

I have not really contacted him and distanced myself but I still want him. It sounds awful but even after been rejected by him in a heartbeat I would get with him if he asked me to.

I'm going to see him at a gathering next weekend with mutual friends and I have all kinds of emotions... I know it sounds horrible but I keep fantasizing about him changing his mind, which isn't realistic.

Help me... I'm so nervous. How can I feel comfortable around him, feel confident and move on?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Bump :frown:
Be yourself, be chilled and get some hobbies
Original post by Anonymous
I've tried for weeks to get over this but I can't I just feel worse and worse. I'm afraid to tell anyone IRL because I should be over this by now.

No matter what I do no matter how nice and caring I am, pretty I dress, how much I go to the gym or how skinny I get it's not going to be enough for him, or any guy for that matter they all hate me. I'm disgusting and I just can't take it any more!!!

I have not really contacted him and distanced myself but I still want him. It sounds awful but even after been rejected by him in a heartbeat I would get with him if he asked me to.

I'm going to see him at a gathering next weekend with mutual friends and I have all kinds of emotions... I know it sounds horrible but I keep fantasizing about him changing his mind, which isn't realistic.

Help me... I'm so nervous. How can I feel comfortable around him, feel confident and move on?

just treat him as a normal person...
you can't do much about it... just to forget your past :h:
Reply 4
Original post by massorigin
Be yourself, be chilled and get some hobbies

I probably do need to chill out and just be me. But I already have hobbies... It's not like I can indulge in them in the middle of the gathering next weekend though.
Reply 5
Original post by fatima1998
just treat him as a normal person...
you can't do much about it... just to forget your past :h:

Yeah, I'm very nervous and scared of making a fool of myself. Still embarrassed about the rejection. It's going to hard to treat him normal, I suppose I will just have to use my best acting skills.

Hey, I relate to this so much. i've had image issues for such a long time, and, fuel to fire, recently, I told a guy I liked him, and he laughed behind my back with his friends. Don't worry, I lived, didn't I? (Barely, but it gets better) You'll be fine, you have us :smile:
Acknowledge that you are never going to be with him. Also acknowledge that he is just a person, and that your brain has deluded you into thinking he is somehow more special than any other guy out there. Stop seeing him and get over him
Reply 8
Most blokes have to deal with rejection on a daily basis. No sympathy here.
The best way to get over a guy is to get under another one XOXO TEE HEE
Yeah, I'm very nervous and scared of making a fool of myself. Still embarrassed about the rejection. It's going to hard to treat him normal, I suppose I will just have to use my best acting skills.

ooooh so you have acting skills :biggrin:
Reply 11
So 'blow outs', are the common. Even for quite attractive guys from what I see. You can't imagine how many knock backs I've had. You just have to hold you head up be confident and focus on finding someone where there is mutual passion. It does happen.
Original post by Betelgeuse-
The best way to get over a guy is to get under another one XOXO TEE HEE

No one seems to want me though :cry2: And even if they did I'm quite shy :shy2:
No one seems to want me though :cry2: And even if they did I'm quite shy :shy2:

I will have you
Original post by fatima1998
ooooh so you have acting skills :biggrin:

Not really, but I'm going to have to develop them by next weekend :doh:
I will have you

Okay it's a date :wink:
Not really, but I'm going to have to develop them by next weekend :doh:

hahaha... you are really stressing yourself!
don't too stressed- if you make yourself look normal then it's going to be fine :h:

Makeup?
Okay it's a date :wink:

:h::happy2:
I will have you

flirt alert :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending