Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can't get over feeling UGLY & worthless after rejection, is there anything I can do? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heineken)
    Makeup?
    what makeup?

(Original post by heineken)
    Makeup?
    Please be more specific. I already wear makeup.

(Original post by fandom-queen)
    Hey, I relate to this so much. i've had image issues for such a long time, and, fuel to fire, recently, I told a guy I liked him, and he laughed behind my back with his friends. Don't worry, I lived, didn't I? (Barely, but it gets better) You'll be fine, you have us
    Wow what an immature jerk! You are better off without him, bullet dodged. To be fair this guy has been decent about it but I just can't let go of the embarrassment!

(Original post by Zarek)
    So 'blow outs', are the common. Even for quite attractive guys from what I see. You can't imagine how many knock backs I've had. You just have to hold you head up be confident and focus on finding someone where there is mutual passion. It does happen.
    I'm a girl though and girls don't usually face rejection in this way as much as they don't take the risk I suppose. I really swallowed all my pride and put two fingers up to gender roles so it really stings. Sorry, I know I'm feeling sorry for myself. But indeed I must be confident and find someone who reciprocates I sure hope you are right that it will happen one day as I've been considering throwing in the towel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous;[url="tel:63234893")
    63234893[/url]]I'm a girl though and girls don't usually face rejection in this way as much as they don't take the risk I suppose. I really swallowed all my pride and put two fingers up to gender roles so it really stings. Sorry, I know I'm feeling sorry for myself. But indeed I must be confident and find someone who reciprocates I sure hope you are right that it will happen one day as I've been considering throwing in the towel.
    We all feel that way at times, sadly dating is about patience and tenacity, keep going..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Betelgeuse-)
    :happy2:
    get in there

all up in there

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

Anon, you can message me directly about your problem anyway, I can understand and feel what you are going through and it is just not right at all.

Just message me directly, send a PM and I will help you and comfort you and get you out of this mess and help you get that support that you need

(P.S. I don't bite! Trust me on it!)

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 8, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.