Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Alright, this all started about a quarter of the way through year 11. We started getting these test booklets to do at home over the week for maths and mark them at school the following week. I always did my maths papers but I wasn't the sharpest in my class so I normally got the worse results. Anyways, up until we started getting these booklets I've had no trouble with my maths teacher as she used to be a pleasant person. But when she's in a bad mood she becomes downright unpleasant. And she ALWAYS TAKES IT OUT ON ME. She literally gets angry at me for trivial things like not understanding a new concept right away. And even worse she humiliated me in front of the class for it. Anyways, I got an A star on my maths mock paper and I thought that would be the end to all of my problems. But she still hates me and I'm not sure why. She doesn't pick on people who got lower than me in the mock so I dont think it's based on grades or anything. Just looking for advice on what I should do as I've started to dread learning maths, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried speaking the head of year about this? Maybe that will help?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CleverSquirrel)
    Have you tried speaking the head of year about this? Maybe that will help?
    Somehow I feel like that will make things worse. My maths teacher isone of those stubborn teachers and she may even treat me worse if my head of year talks to her.

ReputationRep:
    believe me, it really won't! we had the same problem with our biology teacher, we complained about her to the head, and now she doesn't teach us any more! they got another one!
    It's worth giving it a go right?
    Could you ask to move classes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CleverSquirrel)
    believe me, it really won't! we had the same problem with our biology teacher, we complained about her to the head, and now she doesn't teach us any more! they got another one!
    It's worth giving it a go right?
    Could you ask to move classes?
    Well, the problem is we uave limited maths teachers ar our school. And I can't move class because there's only one set 1 and I want to get high grades. I'll think about talking to my head of year about it. Thanks!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 6, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.