Blancosdos
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Due to option blocks,i have to drop a subject
I was planning to take English Literature and History(fave subjects,plus facilliating) and English lang and Lit

Would that be a problem(taking two English's,i am good at it)
Rubato
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What subjects would you be looking at instead?
Blancosdos
Rep:
?
(Original post by JohnGreek)
English Lang is completely different to GCSE. What other humanities/essay subjects are there in the English Lang block?
Geo but i find that really boring
sweeneyrod
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Blancosdos)
Due to option blocks,i have to drop a subject
I was planning to take English Literature and History(fave subjects,plus facilliating) and English lang and Lit

Would that be a problem(taking two English's,i am good at it)
Were you planning to take English lit, History, and combined English lang and lit? That's a bad idea, since you're doing English lit twice.
Blancosdos
Rep:
?
(Original post by sweeneyrod)
Were you planning to take English lit, History, and combined English lang and lit? That's a bad idea, since you're doing English lit twice.
I was plannning to take English Lit,History and Psychology .But Psychology isnt compatible with the option blocks.
An alternative choice is to pick History,English lang and lit,and Philosophy but then i only have one facilitating subject.
sweeneyrod
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I was plannning to take English Lit,History and Psychology .But Psychology isnt compatible with the option blocks.
An alternative choice is to pick History,English lang and lit,and Philosophy but then i only have one facilitating subject.
What might you want to do at university?
Blancosdos
Rep:
?
(Original post by sweeneyrod)
What might you want to do at university?
Law.
Thus requiring English and History.
paxman
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Most colleges won't let you study Lit and Lang, and Lit as the courses are so similar.
sweeneyrod
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Law.
Thus requiring English and History.
Law certainly doesn't require both English and History. If you want to do both (which certainly isn't a bad idea) I'd look to do a language or a science for your third choice.
Taarini
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey
I suggest that as your third choice you pick either sociology or global perspectives. This will give you a better understanding of society, the various persisting cultures and the mindsets of people and how their varying lifestyles affect their ideologies. This will be beneficial for you while pursuing law as you will require good analytical skills of people and their judgements.
Good Luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (64)
22.3%
Excited but a bit nervous (129)
44.95%
Not bothered either way (36)
12.54%
I'm really nervous (58)
20.21%

Watched Threads