Turn on thread page Beta

OCR Chemistry A Exam Thread (Breadth - May 27 2016 and Depth - June 10 2016) watch

ReputationRep:
    Highly unlikely but if everyone does terrible then its possible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olloloplplpollp)
    would u say 30-34 is a C
    It could be but just focus on doing well in the exam so you don't have to worry about the grade boundaries for a C

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alfmeister)
    It could be but just focus on doing well in the exam so you don't have to worry about the grade boundaries for a C

Posted from TSR Mobile
    what topics should i focus a lot on?

ReputationRep:
    If I was you I would just start to do as many papers as you can by tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    Personally i'm focussing a lot on the mathsy stuff because that's what came up a lot in the specimen, less so about the tests side because the paper 2 specimen was more test heavy with 5 and 6 markers in it. Generally everything though. Really hoping not to fail my track record is awful so far and i'm hoping to really turn it around for the big one!

ReputationRep:
    I personally feel that you should feel very comfortable with moles and all the calculation that entices such ideal gas equation, calculating concentration etc. and also all of the reaction mechanisms. However you should revise the material which you are not confident with.

ReputationRep:
    Am proper bricking it liark. Anyone got any pointers?

ReputationRep:
    Did bio today. So much easier than specimen. We gonna be okay

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clintbarton)
    Did bio today. So much easier than specimen. We gonna be okay

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's what I was thinking
    Hope so, anyway!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by torilee)
    That's what I was thinking
    Hope so, anyway!!
    Was it ocr or aqa?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saaranjan)
    Was it ocr or aqa?
    OCR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by torilee)
    OCR
    This news has made me very happy ahahhahaha

ReputationRep:
    Yeah bio today was easier than the specimen. Heard the same for physics so hopefully it will be 3/3 with chem

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4nonymous)
    Yeah bio today was easier than the specimen. Heard the same for physics so hopefully it will be 3/3 with chem
    Was the bio exam you did today the same difficulty as past papers from previous years?

ReputationRep:
    All nighter for me tonight... Didnt do any chemistry after 3 days of physics, maths and biology.
    Hopefully it'll be alright.

ReputationRep:
    Was the bio exam you did today the same difficulty as past papers from previous years?
    Yes, although sometimes the MCQ can trick you sometimes but other than that I'd expect quite high grade boundaries if chem is the same difficulty as the biology

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4nonymous)
    Yes, although sometimes the MCQ can trick you sometimes but other than that I'd expect quite high grade boundaries if chem is the same difficulty as the biology
    Biology was soo easy but people are saying it was difficult? Like ???? There were so many straightforward answers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clintbarton)
    Biology was soo easy but people are saying it was difficult? Like ???? There were so many straightforward answers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes quite a lot of people found it easy. I found it ok I messed up a few but Im not that bothered. I expect there to be high grade boundaries for it to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    Colourless solutions of X(aq) and Y(aq) react to form an orange solution of Z(aq)according to the following equation. X(aq) + 2Y(aq) Z(aq) ∆H=–20kJmol–1 A student added a solution containing 0.50 mol of X(aq) to a solution containing0.50 mol of Y(aq) and shook the mixture.
    After 30 seconds, there was no further change in colour.
    The amount of Z(aq) at equilibrium was 0.20 mol. [2 marks] Deduce the amounts of X(aq) and Y(aq) at equilibrium. How do you do this?

ReputationRep:
    Colourless solutions of X(aq) and Y(aq) react to form an orange solution of Z(aq)according to the following equation. X(aq) + 2Y(aq) Z(aq) ∆H=–20kJmol–1 A student added a solution containing 0.50 mol of X(aq) to a solution containing0.50 mol of Y(aq) and shook the mixture.
    After 30 seconds, there was no further change in colour.
    The amount of Z(aq) at equilibrium was 0.20 mol. [2 marks] Deduce the amounts of X(aq) and Y(aq) at equilibrium. How do you do this?
    So you know there is 0.5 of X and Y and at the start there is 0 moles of Z
    At equilibrium Z=0.2 moles
    So that means X=0.5-0.2
    And Y=0.5-(2*0.2) because Y is two moles so times by 2

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 27, 2017

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.