Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

OCR Chemistry A Exam Thread (Breadth - May 27 2016 and Depth - June 10 2016) Watch

ReputationRep:
    What was the answer for the question on drawing NO3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11234)
    Can you remember the chemicals in the enthalpy question or any details
    They gave you the enthalpy changes of combustion for each chemical, and the chemicals were butane, carbon and hydrogen

I got -129

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h3rmit)
    They gave you the enthalpy changes of combustion for each chemical, and the chemicals were butane, carbon and hydrogen

I got -129
    Also got that

ReputationRep:

I got -129
    Na the other one that people say is 58.5

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11234)
    lead (II) nitrate and potassium iodide, 50cm3 of each, 1.5 mol dm^-3 of the lead nitrate

I got 58.52, if i remember correctly
    And 3.3 mol per dm^3 for the KI concentration

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11234)
    Nah lol. It was -129. End of.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Btec certified)
    Nah lol. It was -129. End of.
    Your talking about different questions I think

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oni176)
    What did people get for Question 3 on multiple choice that asked you the volume of the gas or whatever it was? I got 120cm3, can't remember which option it was.
    300cm^3

ReputationRep:
    Unofficial mark scheme http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4123873

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rabbitlover99)
    no
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4123873

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MsDanderson)
    Same

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do you reckon we'll get 2/3

ReputationRep:
    I got 300cm^3, the volumes are independent of the gases' molecular formula (for the n=v/24 approximation), so you essentially have 2.5 moles of gas. v=24000/2.5 = 300cm^3
    I got 60cm3 because it was a 2:1 ratio or 1 to 0.5 in the equation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 87Mack)
    what did people get for the last question the 2 step process?
    I got Br2 - for the halogenation step - and NaOH/ water -for the hydrolysis step.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amani Ziyat)
    I got Br2 - for the halogenation step - and NaOH/ water -for the hydrolysis step.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes I did the same
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Azadi)
    Can anyone who can get hold of todays new as chemistry paper please forward it to me so i can see the way how the questions are being asked in this new spec as i am having a mock which will determine my predicted grade for uni. Many thanks.
    So you can cheat?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jitesh)
    Is it a mistake btw that it has Energy Change of formation? Might be an r actually, but I think I've read it as an f in the book before
    If you're talking about the exam question then yeah I think it was formation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harryleavey)
    So you can cheat?
    I doubt he's gonna get these freshly done papers as a mock considering the fact that no mark scheme will be published for a good few weeks. That's what those locked practice papers are for. So there's no harm in getting them really. Even our teacher's trying to scrounge them for somewhere so we will have these before our end of year exam (as we don't sit AS exams).

ReputationRep:
    Unofficial markscheme and paper for today's paper:
    https://mobile.twitter.com/ChemistryALevel/media

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Also according to that mark scheme the lowest I got was 53/70 so what grade do you think that is?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Sajid)
    That was the hardest test Ive ever done. How are people saying they liked it? wtf?
    Same, i think i messed up on the calculations and definitely the last 2 pages. Need to ace the depth to counteract this grade

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.