Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

OCR Chemistry A Exam Thread (Breadth - May 27 2016 and Depth - June 10 2016) watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeachChemistry)
    If my student was close to A boundary and I knew they had worked hard all year and thought they had the potential I may still predict A*.
    fingers crossed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeachChemistry)
    Should have read 6 times. Proof is right next to me.
    Can you please post the exact wording for the 6 marker for the mechanism and edit it shortly after I've read it.

Just interested

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MsDanderson)
    Technically yes, because it goes in alphabetical order, but I knew what he meant

Posted from TSR Mobile
    oh right thank u best of luck

(Original post by hashman)
    oh right thank u best of luck
    You too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asinghj)
    I remember reading
    Draw both products
    Mechanism for one
    Why one is formed more than the other
    asinghj is right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11...)
    asinghj is right.
    Pretty sure it said explain why you get two products not to draw the other product out... but it made sense to draw the other product out too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jitesh)
    Pretty sure it said explain why you get two products not to draw the other product out... but it made sense to draw the other product out too
    it said draw mechanism for one.
    identify the 2 organic products
    which one is most likely to form.
    6 marks

and a quick question. how did you draw the enthalpy profile diagram for the formation of n2o2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11...)
    it said draw mechanism for one.
    identify the 2 organic products
    which one is most likely to form.
    6 marks
    Yeah, by identifying you could name rather than draw surely...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11...)

and a quick question. how did you draw the enthalpy profile diagram for the formation of n2o2
    Name:  Screenshot_2.png
Views: 123
Size:  3.0 KB

Like this just with N2(g) + 1/2O2(g) and product on top
    Drew it without activation energy but I was unsure if you were meant to draw it and just not write a value for it?

It was endothermic wasn't it?

ReputationRep:
    I did the mechanism for one. drew both products and named both.
    did you also say that it was electrophilic addition and heterolytic fission. it didn't ask but I just wrote just in case.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11...)
    I did the mechanism for one. drew both products and named both.
    did you also say that it was electrophilic addition and heterolytic fission. it didn't ask but I just wrote just in case.
    I did write electrophilic addition at the top, and I think I wrote heterolytic fission just in case as well

Hard to tell what the exam board wants with it being leveled response on how you present it or something

ReputationRep:
    Name:  Screenshot_2.png
Views: 123
Size:  3.0 KB

Like this just with N2(g) + 1/2O2(g) and product on top
    Drew it without activation energy but I was unsure if you were meant to draw it and just not write a value for it?

It was endothermic wasn't it?
    it was endothermic so the diagram above is right. but I was unsure how to label them. for the reactants I put N2(g) + o2 (g) and products just N2o2 (g) and the +82kjmol-1 for the delta H. it was only 2 marks

ReputationRep:
    it was draw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11...)
    it was endothermic so the diagram above is right. but I was how to label them. for the reactants I put N2(g) + o2 (g) and products just N2o2 (g) and the +82kjmol-1 for the delta H. it was only 2 marks
    Oh woops I might have wrote NO2 and done 1/2N2(g) as I remember putting a half sign before one of the reactants. ****

ReputationRep:
    what do u reckon you got in that depth paper? It was easy apart from the very last question where I put it was butanoic acid when it was actually 2methylpropanoic acid. I guess I would only lose a mark. I reckon 63/70

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11...)
    what do u reckon you got in that depth paper? It was easy apart from the very last question where I put it was butanoic acid when it was actually 2methylpropanoic acid. I guess I would only lose a mark. I reckon 63/70
    The last question was easier imo than some of the other spectroscopy questions they have asked in the past

Dunno really what I got, don't like speculating about what exact mark I got but I think the boundaries will be around 55/70 for an A, 50/70 B, 44/70 C 38/70 D, 31/70 E if I were to guess

ReputationRep:
    hoping 55/70 is an A to ensure a solid A. If 55/70 for chemistry, surely biology is gonna be around 49/70 in fact lower cos quite a lot of people found it difficult. but biology grade boundaries are usually lower than chemistry

ReputationRep:
    that biology depth paper was good but them questions were not what I was expecting. ie. the frog question which was quite good but I reckon I could have got all 6 marks or 5 if it was on the immune response or the cardiac cycle. don't really like SYNOPTIC THINKING. I swear there wasn't anything like that in the old spec papers which just had questions that were pretty much what we revised for. I would have preferred doing the practical exams like before. and why are we the first year to face this change

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11...)
    it was endothermic so the diagram above is right. but I was unsure how to label them. for the reactants I put N2(g) + o2 (g) and products just N2o2 (g) and the +82kjmol-1 for the delta H. it was only 2 marks
    Im quite certain it was NO2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alfmeister)
    Im quite certain it was NO2
    yeah it was NO2 what am I saying. N2 o2 were the reactants. did we have to balance it.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 27, 2017
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.