Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Thoughts of girlfriends ex get me down Watch

She's my first girlfriend, im not her first boyfriend.

The thought of my girlfriend and her ex is making my stomach turn.. Just the how im not her first and how someone has already been with her and done everything makes me feel so.. down.

I guess the fact that I've done nothing before is getting me like this, should this really affect me as much as it is does or do I need to try and get past this?

"Done everything" ranges from doing things like going out on dates, meals and stuff to sexual activity (not just intercourse, but all the other stuff too)

ReputationRep:
    You need to try and get past it, you are with her now, so why should he matter? If you let this take hold of you then you're not making the most out of your relationship.

Besides, you should have known that she had done those things early on in the relationship, or before, so why is it bothering you now? You are still with her, if it bothered you that much then you shouldn't have gone into the relationship.

ReputationRep:
    Get over it. The past doesn't matter, u her future now

are you worried you might become more attached than she will because it's your first time ?
    or that she will compare you to him?

(Original post by -CarpeDiem-)
    You need to try and get past it, you are with her now, so why should he matter? If you let this take hold of you then you're not making the most out of your relationship.

Besides, you should have known that she had done those things early on in the relationship, or before, so why is it bothering you now? You are still with her, if it bothered you that much then you shouldn't have gone into the relationship.
    Yeah you're right, Its going to hold me back if I keep thinking the way I do.

(Original post by samina_ay)
    Get over it. The past doesn't matter, u her future now
    Yeah I guess, its still hard to get it into my head though

(Original post by Anonymous)
    are you worried you might become more attached than she will because it's your first time ?
    or that she will compare you to him?
    To be honest, neither. I'd like to think that we both share a strong interest in each eachother, and she understands that I've never had a girlfriend before and is cool about it. I guess its just a bit of jealousy that someone else has been with her before I have :L

meh my eh was horrific

Two weeks before a holiday she broke up..... 6 months later I found out she had been unfaithful...

*****es ain't worth caring about!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 6, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.