ReputationRep:
    How are you revising for the exam?

ReputationRep:
    watching revision videos and you?

ReputationRep:
    anyone have the 2015 paper?

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

Are you all taking exams on the dates set by OCR? Our teachers set their own papers for all linear subjects.
    I am doing OCR A Biology as well but our teachers set the papers and the worst bit is we have to do both biology papers in one afternoon. And I am doing Physics too which again is set by our own teachers and have 2 papers of Physics in the same morning. So 4 papers in one day (2 Physics in the morning and 2 Biology in the afternoon). So unfair! I am so not very happy Anyone else doing school set papers?

FC

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by First choice)
    Hi all,

Are you all taking exams on the dates set by OCR? Our teachers set their own papers for all linear subjects.
    I am doing OCR A Biology as well but our teachers set the papers and the worst bit is we have to do both biology papers in one afternoon. And I am doing Physics too which again is set by our own teachers and have 2 papers of Physics in the same morning. So 4 papers in one day (2 Physics in the morning and 2 Biology in the afternoon). So unfair! I am so not very happy Anyone else doing school set papers?

FC
    Teachers can do that!? Oo0, gosh, and I thought my exam timetable was hard

No, sorry, I'm doing the exams on the date set by the exam board. Good luck though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Firenze26)
    Teachers can do that!? Oo0, gosh, and I thought my exam timetable was hard

No, sorry, I'm doing the exams on the date set by the exam board. Good luck though

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know, we were told in the beginning of the year that it would be school exams but didn't expect it to be like this . Am going to concentrate only on Biology and not bother much about Physics as it is my fourth AS and not many schools do 4 AS this year.
    Thanks and good luck to you too.

ReputationRep:
    I know, we were told in the beginning of the year that it would be school exams but didn't expect it to be like this . Am going to concentrate only on Biology and not bother much about Physics as it is my fourth AS and not many schools do 4 AS this year.
    Thanks and good luck to you too.
    I am pretty sure teachers can't do that. These school exams set by teachers won't count toward your final A level grade. If teachers could just change the date of your exam then don't you think the questions will already be out as people would have already done the paper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SGHD26716)
    I am pretty sure teachers can't do that. These school exams set by teachers won't count toward your final A level grade. If teachers could just change the date of your exam then don't you think the questions will already be out as people would have already done the paper?
    we were told that schools choose to do exam board set papers or set their own papers for linear subjects. For our batch, marks in the linear subjects ( be it school set or exam board set) would not count towards final A level grade. All current Year 12 students will be sitting both AS and A level exams in June 2017 ( for linear subjects). FYI, we won't be writing the same paper as you guys. so there is no question of paper being leaked out. The questions will be set by our teachers so it will be like a normal end of year exam. I am aware of another school in our area which is also setting own papers.
    I am also doing Maths which is non-linear and I will be sitting the AS exam set by the Board on the particular dates. It is just for linear subjects.

It all seems so unfair. maybe exam board set paper might turn out to be easier that a school set one or vice versa. That's why universities will be looking at predictions only and not AS grades for linear subjects as there would be no UMS . This was confirmed by admissions tutors from many universities. Sorry for the long reply but hope this clarifies.

For those of you sitting Board set papers for linear subjects, it would be marked by your own teachers, right?

ReputationRep:
    we were told that schools choose to do exam board set papers or set their own papers for linear subjects. For our batch, marks in the linear subjects ( be it school set or exam board set) would not count towards final A level grade. All current Year 12 students will be sitting both AS and A level exams in June 2017 ( for linear subjects). FYI, we won't be writing the same paper as you guys. so there is no question of paper being leaked out. The questions will be set by our teachers so it will be like a normal end of year exam. I am aware of another school in our area which is also setting own papers.
    I am also doing Maths which is non-linear and I will be sitting the AS exam set by the Board on the particular dates. It is just for linear subjects.

It all seems so unfair. maybe exam board set paper might turn out to be easier that a school set one or vice versa. That's why universities will be looking at predictions only and not AS grades for linear subjects as there would be no UMS . This was confirmed by admissions tutors from many universities. Sorry for the long reply but hope this clarifies.

For those of you sitting Board set papers for linear subjects, it would be marked by your own teachers, right?
    No, to be marked in controlled conditions, the papers will be sent off to the exam board and redistributed to markers who are working for edexcel or teachers from other schools who are employed by edexcel. They try to ensure that no papers will be marked by the teachers of the school.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do you guys know how specific you have to be on the medical and poisonous inhibitors?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm just finishing revising the biological molecules topic, but in school we rushed through the whole of module 3 and we are only half way through 4...I feel like i'm going to have to teach it to myself and the exam is in 2 weeks!!. Does anyone have any tips on how to revise module 3 or any useful notes/websites/videos etc?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihavenoidea123)
    I'm just finishing revising the biological molecules topic, but in school we rushed through the whole of module 3 and we are only half way through 4...I feel like i'm going to have to teach it to myself and the exam is in 2 weeks!!. Does anyone have any tips on how to revise module 3 or any useful notes/websites/videos etc?
    there's still three and a half weeks left till the exam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OddFuturez)
    there's still three and a half weeks left till the exam
    ...oh yeah

ReputationRep:
    we havent even finsihed learning biodiversity and classifiction any tiipson how to revsie other than past papers , hate the new specification

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone finished? Content is unbelievable. Finished Maths, Further Maths and Chemistry in March

ReputationRep:
    It's easy the only hard stuff is the classification

ReputationRep:
    how do you revise

ReputationRep:
    what i revision tbh

ReputationRep:
    who did the practice papers of the new specification it was so hard for me and other people in my school

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Is cheesecake a cake?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.