Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by torilee)
    That's a good point, although that other label might have been pointing at the cell sap?
    the answer was tonoplast

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ImagineCats)
    This is so frustrating I don't think I got into year 13 at this rate I've screwed it all up! I wanted to do genetics at uni but NO this exam will screw it all up aoishf;weoht;awoitaw;otslgn\seli uthlkjnt
    This is exactly how I feel right now, I want to do biomedical science at uni

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jitesh)
    Oh that sounds right actually!
    My mistake!!
    I hope it was right!! I saw a similar question in a past paper before and I don't think I'd forgive myself for getting it wrong twice

ReputationRep:
    How did y'all do the maths question for guanine to get your answer. I did 100%-(the value given) and then divided by three (for the other three bases). Was that right?

ReputationRep:
    Unofficial mark scheme anybody please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hashman)
    the answer was tonoplast
    If that turns out to be the answer I'm sueing CGP for not putting that in their text book

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mali473)
    Tell me about it. I revised so so hard but my answers are completely different :/
    Cmon! Be optimistic, it was such an easy test I had so much time at the end and I didn't get stuck one bit! Also, did you actually revise so so hard or did you just cram the day before? hmmm :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    If that turns out to be the answer I'm sueing CGP for not putting that in their text book
    hahahahha XD

ReputationRep:
    Yes! I never saw it in the spec or cgp, so didn't learn it. FOR GOODNESS SAKE

ReputationRep:
    What did you guys write about the question about the root and the low water potential soil?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hafsa473)
    Cmon! Be optimistic, it was such an easy test I had so much time at the end and I didn't get stuck one bit! Also, did you actually revise so so hard or did you just cram the day before? hmmm :rolleyes:
    are you srs???? ' such an easy test'

ReputationRep:
    At the start of the book there should some small print that says that not everything is covered in their books

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bhavik-)
    How did y'all do the maths question for guanine to get your answer. I did 100%-(the value given) and then divided by three (for the other three bases). Was that right?
    I did 22x2 which was 44 and then 100-44 which was 56 and then divided that by 2 to get 28%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tarlius)
    Unofficial mark scheme anybody please?
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4121435

working one here fam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bhavik-)
    No they said there was 22% of adenine meaning there is 22% of thymine.

Therefore c and g = 56/2 = 28%

(Original post by fteam)
    x=cell wall
    The question about the conservation when asking about small groups were isolated advantages where:
    if a disease arise will not wipe out whole population
    isolated therefore protected from predators and human hunted rhinos.
    Advantages????????????????/ Didn't it ask why separating into small groups would make them more endangered/at risk??????????????????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaVinciGirl)
    What did you guys write about the question about the root and the low water potential soil?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I put that the root hair cells would have a lower water potential.

ReputationRep:
    So we're the first year of this spec AND it was pretty hard and controversial here- surely that screams low boundaries? We say that every year yeah yeah but seriously this must mean somethingAlso- my textbook says HIV is direct transmission, but so many people are arguing over it being indirect! I put A for that one saying it was athletes foot thats both in/direct transmission aaaaaaaaaaah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haes)
    Advantages????????????????/ Didn't it ask why separating into small groups would make them more endangered/at risk??????????????????
    Yeah that was the question

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone put chloride shift as their answer 😳?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.