Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simbak6)
    The answer was either Cl2- and Zn+ OR Cl- and Zn2+.
    I wrote the Cl2+ and Zn+ but many people who said they found the test quite good sounded extremely confident that it was the Cl- one so i got it wrong
    Since when did chlorine form a 2+ ion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brodingoson)
    I put intracellular fluids i.e. amino acids for W, i had no idea either!
    I put cytoplasm for W.. Unsure tho.. Got the same as your other ones tho

ReputationRep:
    will Bohr shift give me the mark or was it meant to be Bohr effect?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nadeu01)
    it was the sucrose solution, because the plasma membrane had pulled away from the cell wall because all the water had left the cell. (plasmolysis) As the cell wall is freely permeable the solution could flow through it but could not pass the membrane.

(Original post by SuperHuman98)
    will Bohr shift give me the mark or was it meant to be Bohr effect?
    Bohr shift seems fine, i put that too
    (Original post by Simbak6)
    the first one was C because it was asking for proof that it is an active process and this one mentioned drugs that inhibit respiration.then the second was ADF or something like that cant remember.
    I got these too, fairly sure the active one could only be C as none of the others showed that it was active, and it makes sense to get 3 for the other one as it was 4 marks in total.

ReputationRep:
    Same, I didn't know what else to put for W

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It was sucrose/assimilates as the cell wall is fully permeable.

ReputationRep:
    I think the grade boundaries will be in the middle like 75% for an A cos some found it hard and some found it easy it's a mixture and it's a new spec do more likely to be lower. I found it in the middle tbh I made some stupid mistakes lol. I hope I get a least a C and an a on depth so I can get a B overall, fingers crossed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kikkikkik)
    I got that too but i don't understand why people aint mentioning ing it
    yessss i got 2/70 go me😍

ReputationRep:
    For the zoo question did anyone put use artifical insemination or invitro fertilisation

ReputationRep:
    So many people being blatant wind ups. That was not an easy test at all. Major parts of the spec were skimmed over. Many questions were so specific and took guess work. I've been creating in depth revision cards on every module throughout the year. I haven't had a social life. That exam was the most disappointing I've ever taken. All of my others I'm pretty sure I'l get an A/B on. To anyone else reading this and thinking that they're the only ones who found that really hard, you're not. To those who thought it went really well for them, I'm happy for you :3 .

ReputationRep:
    What was W, I put air space

ReputationRep:
    Lol i so got a U 🙄

ReputationRep:
    working on an unofficial mark scheme here:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...4121435&page=2

Keep this as discussion? once we agree on answers post them on that thread?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know when the unofficial mark scheme will be up?

ReputationRep:
    its water. without sucrose as it cant pass the cell wall, but water can

ReputationRep:
    Come on, there's no way that paper was in the league of the specimen paper's, which is what we were expecting, so its a nice break at least. It is similar difficulty to legacy papers, so a grade boundary for A around 55 seems appropriate given no longer answer qustions

ReputationRep:
    I feel like a lot of people made silly mistakes which can add to make a lot of marks gone. Maybe because of that the grade boundaries will be lower?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B1g Al)
    Come on, there's no way that paper was in the league of the specimen paper's, which is what we were expecting, so its a nice break at least. It is similar difficulty to legacy papers, so a grade boundary for A around 55 seems appropriate given no longer answer qustions
    The average grade boundary for legacy was 71%. Doubt it will jump 7% upwards for a new specimen paper. Expect about 70% - so 49 for an A.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MiracleLeaf)
    Does anyone know when the unofficial mark scheme will be up?
    As soon as possible I hope.. I'm so stressed! :please:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11234)
    For the zoo question did anyone put use artifical insemination or invitro fertilisation
    YES I DID!!! That's like the only question I got right tbh

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.