isnt that right?
    as CITES monitors trading
    the Convention on International Trade in endangered species

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alevelyh)
    isnt that right?
    as CITES monitors trading
    the Convention on International Trade in endangered species
    I'm sorry, I have no idea. I do not know biology. :^) it's the one I'll drop, I hope.

ReputationRep:
    Cites is as you said is the convention in the trade of endangered species - basically a treaty in which countries work together to protect endangered species and if you wish to transport said species in or out of a country you have to get special permits this is anything from live animals to stuffed dead animals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11234)
    For the zoo question did anyone put use artifical insemination or invitro fertilisation
    Yeah i did and my friend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11234)
    Really why?
    Same! I written about IVF, did you find out if its right/wrong? thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11234)
    For the zoo question did anyone put use artifical insemination or invitro fertilisation
    Lol i got home and asked my mum that question and she said i should have put that. I put some random crap about in situ and stuff😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Normy18)
    Same! I written about IVF, did you find out if its right/wrong? thanks
    I see why not unless it was part of the captive breeding programme which I'm unsure of

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamDev)
    Lol i got home and asked my mum that question and she said i should have put that. I put some random crap about in situ and stuff😂
    Is she a teacher?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have a draft markscheme?

ReputationRep:
    I said IVF as well

ReputationRep:
    I put something along those lines also - thought I was the only one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11234)
    Is she a teacher?
    Nope shes a vet but that was her view i guess

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    Sat the exam today after very little revision, but I thought that the questions were very vague and required very specific answers.
    Found the whole question on translocation utterly ridiculous as the points in the table were so vague and the questions were worded so badly.
    I HATE the multiple choice as I like to explain all my answers, I've made so many silly mistakes on those questions just because I cannot explain or evaluate my points.
    All in all, far to much content as a course (and as a stand alone AS!!) with an exam that tests unrealistic and specific knowledge with poor questions.

Such a shame.

ReputationRep:
    I would say the exam had some easy questions. But I thought that was expected as this is the breadth paper. However there were some weird questions there as well.

ReputationRep:
    Looks like i'm dropping biology, goshhhhhhhh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SGHD26716)
    I would say the exam had some easy questions. But I thought that was expected as this is the breadth paper. However there were some weird questions there as well.
    There were some very weird questions! Some just required common sense, weird exam..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abxo)
    i put that collagen is thick and insoluble therefore the O2 would not be able to diffuse out of it, but that the capillary wall is perforated allowing small molecules such as O2 to move out under high hydrostatic pressures - is that wrong?
    i dont think so seems good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ludo4)
    Hi,
    Sat the exam today after very little revision, but I thought that the questions were very vague and required very specific answers.
    Found the whole question on translocation utterly ridiculous as the points in the table were so vague and the questions were worded so badly.
    I HATE the multiple choice as I like to explain all my answers, I've made so many silly mistakes on those questions just because I cannot explain or evaluate my points.
    All in all, far to much content as a course (and as a stand alone AS!!) with an exam that tests unrealistic and specific knowledge with poor questions.

Such a shame.
    The questions for this one were fine, I think, only the specimens and practice papers were bad. Obviously, there's no official mark scheme, but these questions were pretty nice and specifc, with clear answers required and they jogged your mind well.

Spoiler:
    Show
    If you'd revised, of course

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hmb28)
    I had neither the revision guide or the Pearson textbook so I relied on the spec
    What did your school give you?
    Did they print the spec off for you at least?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h3rmit)
    The questions for this one were fine, I think, only the specimens and practice papers were bad. Obviously, there's no official mark scheme, but these questions were pretty nice and specifc, with clear answers required and they jogged your mind well.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    If you'd revised, of course
    I have to agree the questions weren't worded as well as they could have been but that's expected if they've got newer examiners for the new spec if the other ones are doing the resit papers still

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.