Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaVinciGirl)
    What did you guys suggest what other problem the honey bee has?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I wrote something like the thing that had bitten it could be a be a vector and pass a disease. I had no idea

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one with 1 as the degrees of freedom value?
    I did 2 categories as there was 2 tissues... So 2-1=1.
    But everyone else got 3 and used 4 categories as in prophase, metaphase, anaphase and telophase?So 4-1=3

Hmm.

ReputationRep:
    what did people put for why the student t test wasn't suitable? I had no clue

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ozil5)
    I wrote something like the thing that had bitten it could be a be a vector and pass a disease. I had no idea
    I put this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ozil5)
    I said it could excrete aka do a **** in it which contains pathogens which could cause infection woops

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sdeponte)
    what did people put for why the student t test wasn't suitable? I had no clue
    I said there was 4 variables and t test is only suitable for 2 but that was a guess lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ronnydandam)
    it wasn't that easy - you may think you've got the questions right but OCR are very pinickity on wording in their mark schemes and the ambiguity of the questions will lead to a lot of marks lost
    Ok

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaykaayy)
    But everyone else got 3 and used 4 categories as in prophase, metaphase, anaphase and telophase?So 4-1=3

Hmm.
    Unfortunately every phi test has an expected value and a real value - the two tissues were the expected and real values. If it was 2, every phi test would have 1 as their degree of freedom. That's why it's 3 and not 1.

ReputationRep:
    For the Chi Squared x^2 was like 13.835 or something. Freedom was 4 - 1 = 3. And the results were significant because the calculated value was greater than the observed value.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ozil5)
    seems legit. I wrote something about the bee having difficulty to breathe .-. yes, it's wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Desouza123)
    For the Chi Squared x^2 was like 13.835 or something. Freedom was 4 - 1 = 3. And the results were significant because the calculated value was greater than the observed value.
    Yeah I wrote the same

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by habibtii)
    seems legit. I wrote something about the bee having difficulty to breathe .-. yes, it's wrong.
    I wrote the same thing as you lol
    Not sure if it's correct now :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaykaayy)

Hmm.
    Yeah, that's an honest mistake but in the question it said to use how many rows

ReputationRep:
    I wrote that as well :.(

ReputationRep:
    What did you guys get for how to improve the enzyme experiment about Lipase?
    I put use a thermostatically controlled water bath so temp does not fluctuate
    I also said test more temperatures between 30-35 because it was the optimum?
    Lol I have no idea

ReputationRep:
    What would a C be? At this rate, that seems to be as high as I'm going to get 😔

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaVinciGirl)
    I wrote the same thing as you lol
    Not sure if it's correct now :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I said the same 😬

ReputationRep:
    I put something similar - tidal volume would be decreased.
    I didn't explain why so I'm probably not going to get the mark either way but oh well

ReputationRep:
    What did you guys get for the role of chitin. I put used as a cell wall for rigidity lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asinghj)
    I wrote that as well :.(
    I think you could get a mark - I put that the mites block the airways and therefore the bee has reduced airflow, and won't be able to breathe as efficiently.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 27, 2017

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.