Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaVinciGirl)
    What did you guys suggest what other problem the honey bee has?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I wrote something like the thing that had bitten it could be a be a vector and pass a disease. I had no idea

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one with 1 as the degrees of freedom value?
    I did 2 categories as there was 2 tissues... So 2-1=1.
    But everyone else got 3 and used 4 categories as in prophase, metaphase, anaphase and telophase?So 4-1=3

Hmm.

ReputationRep:
    what did people put for why the student t test wasn't suitable? I had no clue

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ozil5)
    I wrote something like the thing that had bitten it could be a be a vector and pass a disease. I had no idea
    I put this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ozil5)
    I said it could excrete aka do a **** in it which contains pathogens which could cause infection woops

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sdeponte)
    what did people put for why the student t test wasn't suitable? I had no clue
    I said there was 4 variables and t test is only suitable for 2 but that was a guess lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ronnydandam)
    it wasn't that easy - you may think you've got the questions right but OCR are very pinickity on wording in their mark schemes and the ambiguity of the questions will lead to a lot of marks lost
    Ok

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaykaayy)
    But everyone else got 3 and used 4 categories as in prophase, metaphase, anaphase and telophase?So 4-1=3

Hmm.
    Unfortunately every phi test has an expected value and a real value - the two tissues were the expected and real values. If it was 2, every phi test would have 1 as their degree of freedom. That's why it's 3 and not 1.

ReputationRep:
    For the Chi Squared x^2 was like 13.835 or something. Freedom was 4 - 1 = 3. And the results were significant because the calculated value was greater than the observed value.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ozil5)
    seems legit. I wrote something about the bee having difficulty to breathe .-. yes, it's wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Desouza123)
    For the Chi Squared x^2 was like 13.835 or something. Freedom was 4 - 1 = 3. And the results were significant because the calculated value was greater than the observed value.
    Yeah I wrote the same

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by habibtii)
    seems legit. I wrote something about the bee having difficulty to breathe .-. yes, it's wrong.
    I wrote the same thing as you lol
    Not sure if it's correct now :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaykaayy)

Hmm.
    Yeah, that's an honest mistake but in the question it said to use how many rows

ReputationRep:
    I wrote that as well :.(

ReputationRep:
    What did you guys get for how to improve the enzyme experiment about Lipase?
    I put use a thermostatically controlled water bath so temp does not fluctuate
    I also said test more temperatures between 30-35 because it was the optimum?
    Lol I have no idea

ReputationRep:
    What would a C be? At this rate, that seems to be as high as I'm going to get 😔

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaVinciGirl)
    I wrote the same thing as you lol
    Not sure if it's correct now :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I said the same 😬

ReputationRep:
    I put something similar - tidal volume would be decreased.
    I didn't explain why so I'm probably not going to get the mark either way but oh well

ReputationRep:
    What did you guys get for the role of chitin. I put used as a cell wall for rigidity lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asinghj)
    I wrote that as well :.(
    I think you could get a mark - I put that the mites block the airways and therefore the bee has reduced airflow, and won't be able to breathe as efficiently.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.