Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11234)
    since it went linear, I contacted the exam board
    Lets not chat smack

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beth000)
    I swear the old style a level past papers were sooo much easier then what we were given in these exams, like they actually covered loads of actual content rather then just experiments :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    maybe the boundaries will be 25 for an A even though I said 50 earlier #talklikebrogdingwhateverthefock hisnameisson #legit

ReputationRep:
    i effed up so badly so f'in badly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Desouza123)
    Lets not chat smack
    Im not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ronnydandam)
    maybe the boundaries will be 25 for an A even though I said 50 earlier #talklikebrogdingwhateverthefock hisnameisson #legit
    Yeah I heard the boundaries were going to be as low as 10/70 for an A

ReputationRep:
    Lets not chat smack
    The exams are linear, UMS was scrapped and they're not chatting "smack"

ReputationRep:
    For the first question, I put B- because it had "immediately after" in bold, so i thought, hm, maybe this means inspiration, after all, chronologically, one does expire then immediately inspire???? ugh i f'd up man. stupid question. argh.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I heard the boundaries were going to be as low as 10/70 for an A
    nah my uncle jeff just emailed me - it will be
    6 marks for an A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ronnydandam)
    nah my uncle jeff just emailed me - it will be
    6 marks for an A
    SORRY to rain on your paraide lads but the official OCR thread has confIrmed that its 5.5/70 for an A

ReputationRep:
    49 for an A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IRoranth)
    For the first question, I put B- because it had "immediately after" in bold, so i thought, hm, maybe this means inspiration, after all, chronologically, one does expire then immediately inspire???? ugh i f'd up man. stupid question. argh.
    I wrote a but crossed it out after seeing the bit in bold. Ffs. What is up with all these stupid unclear questions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matte17)
    SORRY to rain on your paraide lads but the official OCR thread has confIrmed that its 5.5/70 for an A
    I don't think they have confIrmed that because on their website they have conflrmed that it's 5 marks for an A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cherx)
    I wrote a but crossed it out after seeing the bit in bold. Ffs. What is up with all these stupid unclear questions.
    That wasn't unclear, they said IMMEDIATELY AFTER, you don't inhale IMMEDIATELY AFTER, so IMMEDIATELY AFTER its when they're empty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11234)
    What did everyone get for the life cycle of the prganism question. I think I got mitosis meiosis mitosis...cant remember c then meiosis for d and e.
    Think i screwed up, i only put mitosis for C

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cherx)
    I know, it's ridiculous- and the fact that these will be predicted grades going to our potential universities is annoying af, like the uni won't understand or take into account OCRs sh*tty ability to word questions properly, they'll just see the grade and judge

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IRoranth)
    omfg i had same thought process

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matte17)
    let me guess. the last page ?
    yeah reading through the content of the questions and calculating different percentage changes just took an age

ReputationRep:
    What did you guys mention for the 2 6 markers?
    For the enzymes I just said about the change in rate of reaction as temperature changes.
    For the second one I mentioned that mixed blood has lower concentration gradients and stuff like that,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChelK321)
    An A ( :please: ) :lol:
    I hope haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biologystudentAS)
    yeah reading through the content of the questions and calculating different percentage changes just took an age
    I know what you mean. I litrally flipped onto the last page, hared theinvidulator say 3 mins and I decided it was more sensible to go through the paper for mistakes than rush the percentage question and get it wrong :banghead:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.