Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone

Its me Anya! Im a newbie to this forum. I joined up as i wanted to ask some of you for advice and tips on practical driving test! Its all booked for next month which is coming round pretty quickly.
    Those of you who passed it first time, how did you achieve this? Obviously you done all mirror checks etc but what made it go smoothly as well as being nervous

Thanks
    Anya
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by ***Anya***)
    Hello everyone

Its me Anya! Im a newbie to this forum. I joined up as i wanted to ask some of you for advice and tips on practical driving test! Its all booked for next month which is coming round pretty quickly.
    Those of you who passed it first time, how did you achieve this? Obviously you done all mirror checks etc but what made it go smoothly as well as being nervous

Thanks
    Anya
    Erm, sounds cliche, but seriously, practice as much as you can where you'll be taking the test, at the time you'll be taking the test, as that'll give you the best preparation for it!

Make sure you can do the manoeuvres really well, as they can also make or break it...! Getting there early without the rush is really key (I actually went for a car wash with my driving instructor before my test, as it helped relax me!).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    Erm, sounds cliche, but seriously, practice as much as you can where you'll be taking the test, at the time you'll be taking the test, as that'll give you the best preparation for it!

Make sure you can do the manoeuvres really well, as they can also make or break it...! Getting there early without the rush is really key (I actually went for a car wash with my driving instructor before my test, as it helped relax me!).
    Hi
    Thanks for the reply. I have just ordered some rescue remedy after reading an older post on tips and advice.
    Its just what happens on the day, although I always hesitate at junctions for no reason and not progressing into the road when i should be. Im extra cautious when there is nothing there lol maybe I just need a good nights sleep so im on the ball 😂
    I've already been looking at cars (secondhand) or leasing monthly. Insurance isn't as bad as i thought.

Thanks again
    Anya

P.s will let you all know how I do.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 6, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.