Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Feel bad that I ignored a good friend now he's gone Watch

A good friend of mine finished university back in October, he stayed in the town after but things didn't work out for him so he wanted to move back, he managed to get a placement in France now so seems like he's moved on. He was there for me when I first moved to the uni halls as he was there 2 years before me, as a girl I find it hard to be friends with guys mainly because they get too needy but with him he had no interest in me, he always got very annoyed when I try to comfort him.

When he finished uni I was busy trying to make new friends in my current halls so I was blocking him out when I didn't mean to. When he did come around before he moved away he never spoke, he didn't get along with my flatmates and would leave early when we were out. I had a go at him because he would just go off, he ended up blocking my phone number and on Facebook so I had no way of contacting him. From a friend I found out he left because he had bad aniexty not to be rude but I don't get why he doesn't just mention it to me, my other friend has moved away but I know she speaks to him now and again. It's how I knew he was doing his placement.

I don't know if worth me saying sorry to him. Even though he really annoys at times I'm proud of what he's achieved because of his background. He's kicked off in the past when made fun of the homeless when he was open telling us about his past so I understand life wasn't easy for him. I want him to still be my friend, I just feel bad for leaving him out, in the past he's always included me.

What can I say to him? I want see if he's okay and what's he's doing as I'm missing out. I'm worried he doesn't want to know me anymore. I can try get my friend to help but I don't want her getting in the middle. What should I do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    A good friend of mine finished university back in October, he stayed in the town after but things didn't work out for him so he wanted to move back, he managed to get a placement in France now so seems like he's moved on. He was there for me when I first moved to the uni halls as he was there 2 years before me, as a girl I find it hard to be friends with guys mainly because they get too needy but with him he had no interest in me, he always got very annoyed when I try to comfort him.

When he finished uni I was busy trying to make new friends in my current halls so I was blocking him out when I didn't mean to. When he did come around before he moved away he never spoke, he didn't get along with my flatmates and would leave early when we were out. I had a go at him because he would just go off, he ended up blocking my phone number and on Facebook so I had no way of contacting him. From a friend I found out he left because he had bad aniexty not to be rude but I don't get why he doesn't just mention it to me, my other friend has moved away but I know she speaks to him now and again. It's how I knew he was doing his placement.

I don't know if worth me saying sorry to him. Even though he really annoys at times I'm proud of what he's achieved because of his background. He's kicked off in the past when made fun of the homeless when he was open telling us about his past so I understand life wasn't easy for him. I want him to still be my friend, I just feel bad for leaving him out, in the past he's always included me.

What can I say to him? I want see if he's okay and what's he's doing as I'm missing out. I'm worried he doesn't want to know me anymore. I can try get my friend to help but I don't want her getting in the middle. What should I do?
    Yeah, just starting off with saying sorry and that you still want him in your life might help...

ReputationRep:
    You have behaved badly OP. You turned your back on friend, that helped you to settle at uni, at a time when he most certainly could have done with your help. That must have felt like a kick in the teeth for him.

You say that you find him annoying. If this is how you primarily feel about him still, please leave him be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CCC75)
    You have behaved badly OP. You turned your back on friend, that helped you to settle at uni, at a time when he most certainly could have done with your help. That must have felt like a kick in the teeth for him.
    I think you should make an effort to get in contact with him and tell him how you feel, including the good and the bad. If your aim is to make up with a friend, hopefully over time you can fix the friendship

You say that you find him annoying. If this is how you primarily feel about him still, please leave him be.
    I think you should make an effort to get in contact with him and tell him how you feel, including the good and the bad. If your aim is to make up with a friend, hopefully over time you can fix the friendship

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 6, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.