Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So today is Mothering Sunday, the one day of the year where we celebrate all the good that our mums do for us. I'm sure all of you will be going out of your way to make your mum feel special!

So this thread is for everyone to post there little thank you messages, or appreciative words to their mums. (granted they won't be able to see, BUT I thought it would be good thing to do) Think of it as a mum appreciation thread!

A lot of people lose parents at young ages, children may be orphaned during war like in Syria, but at the same time, millions of children are losing parents due to disease, like cancer and what have you. Parents can leave our lives at any minute (scary thought I know), and even though the majority of people here, are old enough to take care of yourselves, I still am sure you wouldn't want that to happen to you...

Anyway, let's get on with the thread!
    I'll start:
    Thanks mum, for always being around me and supporting me whenever you can. Thank you for pushing me that extra bit, and making me realise my full potential. Thanks for putting up with me, and being patient with me despite everything that's happening to you. I hope that the things around you will get better. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks mum for always believing in me and pushing me to do things I never thought I had the potential to do. Everything you have done has made me who I am now, and for that I am very grateful. I know now is a difficult time for you so I hope things do start looking up because that is the least you deserve. Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkap)
    thanks mum for being a normal mum and loving me. not.
    Don't you love your mummy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkap)
    You okay?

Massive thanks to Mum for putting up with me so far. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks mum for buying me Far Cry Primal.

(Original post by homeland.lsw)
    So today is Mothering Sunday, the one day of the year where we celebrate all the good that our mums do for us. I'm sure all of you will be going out of your way to make your mum feel special!

So this thread is for everyone to post there little thank you messages, or appreciative words to their mums. (granted they won't be able to see, BUT I thought it would be good thing to do)

A lot of people lose parents at young ages, children may be orphaned during war like in Syria, but at the same time, millions of children are losing parents due to disease, like cancer and what have you. Parents can leave our lives at any minute (scary thought I know), and even though the majority of people here, are old enough to take care of yourselves, I still am sure you wouldn't want that to happen to you...

Anyway, let's get on with the thread!
    I'll start:
    Thanks mum, for always being around me and supporting me whenever you can. Thank you for pushing me that extra bit, and making me realise my full potential. Thanks for putting up with me, and being patient with me despite everything that's happening to you. I hope that the things around you will get better. :hugs:
    That's so cuuuute !! But that's weird in France it's grandma's day (I don't know how to say it in english haha) and Mothering Day is in may !
    Anyway I'll still say something :P because it's always Mothering day for our mum <3
    Thanks mum for giving me life. Am sorry I was born so soon and you had to stop your studies because of me , I know you had dreams you could not realize because of me , but when you said I was your only dream I knew I had to realize mine to make you proud of me. Thanks mum for loving me <3.

And I wish all the happiness to everyone who has no mum or something, you're alive and that's a wonderful thing <3

(Original post by mkap)
    Oh ma chérie ! <3 if you wanna talk we are here for you <3 <3 <3
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Thanks for not killing me I guess

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, mum.

~ For making me feel better when I am having a bad day.
    ~ For granting me the opportunity to participate in everything I've ever been the slightest bit interested in.
    ~ For being patient + calm when I'm being unnecessarily moody and an absolute asdfdjfkfgk.
    ~ For raising me in a way I can only admire.
    ~ For supporting me in and out of my studies so I can be at my best.
    ~ For making me feel like I am the best.
    ~ For making memories that will stay with me forever.
    ~ For providing more than I ever expected.
    ~ For endlessly loving me.

Thank you.

:hare:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks mum for giving birth to me, I know it was painful

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for attempting to be an "alright" mum despite not being alright inside.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Thanks mum for having kids despite knowing you were too mentally messed up to look after them. And thanks for "trying" to be great to us despite not even knowing how to deal with yourself. I appreciate all the little things you did to make us turn out normal and happy but unfortunately it didn't really work out. Oh well, I still love you :hugs: and I hope grandma goes to sleep and doesn't wake up soon so you can be the mum you always wanted to be Although I feel like even then when the source of the problem disappears, you still have to sort out yourself which could takes years so.... Thanks for putting us first most of the time even though you needed it most.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for making it then when I hit the light switch the light comes on.

ReputationRep:
    i dunno what should i say...

ReputationRep:
    Instead of sharing it with strangers, I'm sure telling the actual mums would make it an unforgettable day...
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Thanks mum for always being there for me. A lot of the time we are more like sisters rather than mother and daughter but as long as you're a part of my life then that's all that matters. Thank you for never forcing me to live a life you wanted me to lead, you let me make my own choices and I had utter freedom. Thanks for being totally fine with me and my partner not wanting kids. You accepted our choice from day one and didn't ever try and change our minds. You know you wont ever be a granny but you call my cats your furry grandkids and you spoil them rotten Also, thanks for watching my cats for me right now while I'm on holiday

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by ivy.98)
    Instead of sharing it with strangers, I'm sure telling the actual mums would make it an unforgettable day...
    Of course! That's the whole point of mothers day...I just thought it would be a nice thing to do

(Original post by Andy98)
    Thanks for not killing me I guess

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's nice?
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    That's nice?
    Is it that obvious I'm crap at this stuff?

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Andy98)
    Is it that obvious I'm crap at this stuff?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nope...I thought you were just trying to be funny? :dontknow:
    Anyway...as Ivy said, you shouldn't just post on this thread, the best thing to do just tell your mum or whatever.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Nope...I thought you were just trying to be funny? :dontknow:
    Anyway...as Ivy said, you shouldn't just post on this thread, the best thing to do just tell your mum or whatever.
    Nahh I just don't really do this stuff

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.