Nahh I just don't really do this stuff

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Fair enough

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ivy.98)
    Instead of sharing it with strangers,
    But you could apply that to anything on this forum. :erm:

I'm sure telling the actual mums would make it an unforgettable day...
    I actually thought that this thread was a really cute gesture and surely it's evident that if you're posting here expressing gratitude that you'll be showing it irl too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon_98)
    But you could apply that to anything on this forum. :erm:

I actually thought that this thread was a really cute gesture and surely it's evident that if you're posting here expressing gratitude that you'll be showing it irl too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    well i wasnt sure if everyone on this thread was planning on telling all the stuff to their mums irl. if you do, that great
    its like them people on instagram that write essays on how much they low their mum dad whatever, where in reality no one gives a damn, and then end up not even telling that specific person

ReputationRep:
    Why the heck are you guys posting it on a student forum where it's never going to reach ur parent, just trying to get attention from other people.
    It's like when kids wish their mum a happy birthday on Facebook, just tell them instead of getting reactions from other people wth.

well i wasnt sure if everyone on this thread was planning on telling all the stuff to their mums irl. if you do, that great
    its like them people on instagram that write essays on how much they low their mum dad whatever, where in reality no one gives a damn, and then end up not even telling that specific person
    No I get what you mean, of course the first thing I did today was say all that stuff to my mum...maybe I was just posting this to remind a few people what today was!!

(Original post by Squishy™)
    Why the heck are you guys posting it on a student forum where it's never going to reach ur parent, just trying to get attention from other people.
    It's like when kids wish their mum a happy birthday on Facebook, just tell them instead of getting reactions from other people wth.
    Well I was assuming that everyone had already said this stuff to their mums, also it was to raise awareness, that your parents are not around forever so you should make the most of them while they're around.
    Think of it as a mum appreciation thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homeland.lsw)
    No I get what you mean, of course the first thing I did today was say all that stuff to my mum...maybe I was just posting this to remind a few people what today was!!
    yeah i know you meant it in a good way and i was reminding people to say that stuff to their mums irl

ReputationRep:
    Well I was assuming that everyone had already said this stuff to their mums, also it was to raise awareness, that your parents are not around forever so you should make the most of them while they're around.
    Think of it as a mum appreciation thread
    Isn't that what Mother's Day is for anyway?
    What's point of posting on here if they've said it to their mum because literally it's having no effect on their mum, just try to get sympathy from other users by saying "I still love u even though u did this and that". That just contradicts everything because they're trying to turn it on them.
    I don't get these things one bit
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    You might be surprised at how many mums (and dads) are on TSR...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Isn't that what Mother's Day is for anyway?
    What's point of posting on here if they've said it to their mum because literally it's having no effect on their mum, just try to get sympathy from other users by saying "I still love u even though u did this and that". That just contradicts everything because they're trying to turn it on them.
    I don't get these things one bit
    well if you don't get it why post? I don't think anyone wants to get sympathy anyway. TSR offers a place for you to share your thoughts with a certain level of anonymity, maybe users would feel more comfortable putting their feelings across via their virtual persona rather than in real life.

(Original post by jneill)
    You might be surprised at how many mums (and dads) are on TSR...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    like you? :lol:

ReputationRep:
    well if you don't get it why post? I don't think anyone wants to get sympathy anyway. TSR offers a place for you to share your thoughts with a certain level of anonymity, maybe users would feel more comfortable putting their feelings across via their virtual persona rather than in real life.
    Some people are just bitter and want to complain about the "gosh darn kids these days!!! *shakes fist*"

Whilst I am not the type to post huge essays about my mum on Instagram or Facebook, I know that she would appreciate it, just like she would appreciate me posting about her in this thread. It's nice for your mum to show ~everyone~ how amazing she is.

And if you had/have a terrible mother, then it's a chance to vent about your feelings (i.e. what forums are for lmao), and you can find support from people who have been though the same thing.

This thread is a fab idea. People should just chill, and stop searching for negativity in everything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkap)
    thanks mum for being a normal mum and loving me. not.
    (Original post by bluemadhatter)
    Thank you for attempting to be an "alright" mum despite not being alright inside.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Thanks mum for having kids despite knowing you were too mentally messed up to look after them. And thanks for "trying" to be great to us despite not even knowing how to deal with yourself. I appreciate all the little things you did to make us turn out normal and happy but unfortunately it didn't really work out. Oh well, I still love you :hugs: and I hope grandma goes to sleep and doesn't wake up soon so you can be the mum you always wanted to be Although I feel like even then when the source of the problem disappears, you still have to sort out yourself which could takes years so.... Thanks for putting us first most of the time even though you needed it most.
    homeland.lsw there u go, classic examples of turning it around to them

ReputationRep:
    homeland.lsw there u go, classic examples of turning it around to them
    huh?

ReputationRep:
    this thread is so narcissistic and fake

tell your actual mum rather than rep-whoring here

(Original post by Feel Tha Bern)
    this thread is so narcissistic and fake

tell your actual mum rather than rep-whoring here
    k.

ReputationRep:
    Are you an idiot? I'm pretty sure most of us wake up on Mother's Day and wish our Mums a happy Mother's Day. No harm in raising awareness for the occasion on TSR? No one is trying to get attention. If anyone is, it's you posting such stupid comments on a great thread. And who, other than the recipient, reacts to you wishing them a happy birthday? Lmao. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    The first paragraph of the OP makes me so sad.

'One day of the year where we celebrate all the good that our mums do for us'

Showing appreciation and acknowledging her efforts on just one day is quite sad.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HAnwar)

Showing appreciation and acknowledging her efforts on just one day is quite sad.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I v much doubt the OP only appreciates his mum on Mother's day. :dunce:

It probably just could've been phrased better but I'm pretty certain you understood what he meant.

There is no need to be so pedantic. >.>

(Original post by HAnwar)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    True...but it was traditionally a day where servant daughters were given the day off to visit their mothers. Anyway, of course mothers should be appreciated because they are not around all the time, like I said in my OP

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.