Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What have y'all gotten your mothers this Sunday? watch

ReputationRep:
    Mother's Day today! What do y'all have planned? Actually everyday should be Mother's Day,I don't know why we have to allocate a specific date,but oh well!

ReputationRep:
    I treat my mum and gran whenever I have the money and I see them pretty much every day and talk to them every day but I do still like to get them something on mother's day, especially this year as my mum is watching my cats for me on mothers day this year while I'm away on a trip

I got my mum some wine, flowers with a toy bear with them, some Lush bath bombs and soaps and some money and all my gran wanted was a card and money and I'm taking her out on Wednesday on a shopping trip.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh.

Right.

Totally didn't forget about that

I went to a Bulgarian store which is quite far away, to get her her favourite childhood sweets and some lillies because they're her birth flower...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    Oh.

Right.

Totally didn't forget about that
    It's really weird because in some cultures/countries there no such thing as Mother's Day or Father's Day. People are expected to give love every day :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homeland.lsw)
    I went to a Bulgarian store which is quite far away, to get her her favourite childhood sweets and some lillies because they're her birth flower...
    She deserves it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    I treat my mum and gran whenever I have the money and I see them pretty much every day and talk to them every day but I do still like to get them something on mother's day, especially this year as my mum is watching my cats for me on mothers day this year while I'm away on a trip

I got my mum some wine, flowers with a toy bear with them, some Lush bath bombs and soaps and some money and all my gran wanted was a card and money and I'm taking her out on Wednesday on a shopping trip.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's a good attitude! And some cute gifts

(Original post by queen-bee)
    She deserves it!
    You can say that again...

ReputationRep:
    Perfume gift set. Will probably go get some flowers too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's really weird because in some cultures/countries there no such thing as Mother's Day or Father's Day. People are expected to give love every day :laugh:
    Yeah I'm only half serious. I did forget but we don't celebrate anyway - Muslim family
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Just some chocolate

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    Yeah I'm only half serious. I did forget but we don't celebrate anyway - Muslim family
    Haram yeah?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homeland.lsw)
    That is so cute :love:

OP - flowers, chocolates, a card, and a couple of books she used to love as a kid that she's been looking for everywhere for ages and couldn't find :P

ReputationRep:
    I got my mum a cookbook so she can bake all sorts of lovely stuff, and it's written by Paul from the bake off and she loves Paul lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ivybridge)
    That is so cute :love:

OP - flowers, chocolates, a card, and a couple of books she used to love as a kid that she's been looking for everywhere for ages and couldn't find :P
    Such lovely gifts!

ReputationRep:
    Haram yeah?
    Not so much that tbh. We're quite liberal Muslims so little appreciation celebrations aren't considered "forbidden" per se, more that they just don't hold as much value to us compared to with other families

Using the same argument - that moms should be appreciated every day

ReputationRep:
    I'm not home for Mother's Day
    So I've had flowers, a card & a bear delivered.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherryred90s)
    I'm not home for Mother's Day
    So I've had flowers, a card & a bear delivered.
    That's sweet :console:

ReputationRep:
    i don't have money
    plus she is still sleeping :sleep::sleep::sleep:

ReputationRep:
    Looks like I'm in the sh*thouse and she even publicly shamed me...

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  35.9 KB

Sorry I was asleep mum

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.